This comprehensive guide begins at Alfava Metraxis and ends at Doctor Who Magazine wins the ACE Press Award 0 Following its record breaking ABC figure earlier this year, Doctor Who Magazine had cause for further celebration at the 2014 ACE Press Awards held https://www.levitradosageus24.com/ viagra bedeutung online apotheke at the Museum of London. This may take a second or two.
Great American Steamboat Company to Offer Three Epic Civil War Voyages in 2012January 18, 2012 By: Elliott Mest Travel Agent
The Great American Steamboat Company will offer three Epic Civil War voyages for the 2012 inaugural season of the Steamboat American Queen. The eight to 10-night “Themeboating Adventures” include highlights such as visits to legendary battlefields and onboard entertainment including actors, impersonators, leading lecturers, balladeers and reenactments.
The three departures are designed to explore the footprints of the blue and gray traveling between New Orleans, La.; Vicksburg, Miss.; Chattanooga, Tenn.; and Louisville, Ky. History aficionados and novices alike can choose from three inaugural itineraries starting at $2,295 per guest based on double occupancy, which includes a pre- or post-cruise luxury hotel stay, all bottled water and soft drinks, wine and beer at dinner and complimentary shore adventures in each port of call.
· American Experience and Artful Travelers present the Epic Civil War Journey - Aug. 10-20, 2012: 10-night voyage between New Orleans, La.; Vicksburg, Miss.; and Chattanooga, Tenn. Ports include Helena, Miss.; Memphis, Tenn.; Paducah, Ky.; Savannah, Tenn.(Shiloh National Military Park); and Decatur, Ala.
· Epic Civil War – Aug. 20-30, 2012: 10-night voyage between Chattanooga, Tenn. and Vicksburg, Miss. Ports include Decatur, Ala.; Florence, Ala.; Savannah, Tenn. (Shiloh National Military Park); Paducah, Ky.; Ashport Landing, Tenn.; Memphis, Tenn.; and Vicksburg, Miss.
· Civil War – Aug. 30-Sept. 7, 2012: Eight-night voyage between Vicksburg, Miss. and Louisville, Ky. Ports include Helena, Ark.; Memphis, Ten.; Henderson, Ky.; and Louisville, Ky.
Among the experts, academics and actor highlights are:
American Experience and Artful Travelers present the Epic Civil War Journey, Aug. 10-20, 2012
· Ric Burns: Writer, director and producer Ric Burns began his career collaborating on the PBS series The Civil War, (1990), which he produced with his brother Ken, and wrote with Geoffrey C. Ward. Burns is also co-author of the companion book to The Civil War. Burns was educated at Columbia University and Cambridge University.
· Mark Samels: Mark Samels is the award-winning executive producer of American Experience, PBS’s flagship history series. In September, PBS debuts “This Republic of Suffering”, produced by American Experience. The 90-minute documentary, based on the best-selling book “This Republic of Suffering: Death and the American Civil War” by Drew Gilpin Faust, examines how the death toll of the Civil War challenged American cultural attitudes about death and changed federal government policies regarding soldiers.
Epic Civil War, Aug. 20-30, 2012
· A Wilson Greene: A 16-year historian and manager with the National Park Service including posts of Fredericksburg, Petersburg and founding member of the Association for the Preservation of Civil War Sites (Civil War Trust).
· James I. “Bud” Robertson, Jr.: Dr. Robertson was executive director of the U.S. Civil War Centennial Commission and worked with Presidents Truman, Kennedy and Johnson in marketing the war’s 100th anniversary.
· Barry Meadows: Meadows has been portraying General Ulysses S. Grant in living history events for 11 years and has appeared on the History Channel.
· Al Stone: Al Stone’s representation of General Robert E. Lee has appeared on the Discovery Channel, History Channel and other networks.
Civil War, Aug. 30-Sept. 7, 2012
· Hon. Frank J. Williams: The founding chairman of the Lincoln Forum and retired Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Rhode Island, Williams has been a leader in the Lincoln community for over 30 years.
· Harold Holzer: Vice chairman of the Lincoln Forum and co-chairman of the Lincoln Bicentennial Commissin, Holzer has co-authored and edited 23 books on the Lincoln era.
For more information, visit www.GreatAmericanSteamboatCompany.com.