Top 10 Snorkeling, Diving DestinationsApril 1, 2010 By: Staff
Just because the weather's getting warmer in the U.S. doesn't mean your clients shouldn't be seeking the best warm water experience they can find. With that in mind, we'd like to poiut out Cheapflights.com's top 10 list of favorite beach destinations for scuba diving and snorkeling.
3. Cayman Islands
4. Cozumel, Mexico
6. Galapagos Islands
7. Great Barrier Reef
9. Rocktail Bay, South Africa
10. Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Cheapflights.com suggests travelers abide by the following tips to ensure a safe dive:
* Pack a small medical kit. Decongestants and ear drops, sunscreen and sea-sickness pills are all good to have on hand.
* Pack smart to stay within the weight limits. And think ahead about what to check and what to carry-on. Obviously, check your dive knife but also your wetsuit, booties, fins, snorkel and buoyancy compensator. Your scuba dive computer can go into your carry-on luggage, packed in a box that will prevent accidental activation. You should also bring your mask, log book and certification cards in your hand luggage.
* Make sure your travel insurance will cover you. There are a couple of things to think about here. There’s your scuba gear - how much will you be covered for if it’s lost or stolen? Are you covered adequately if you need medical attention?
* When you're finished diving, build in a day to relax. It's dangerous to fly immediately after scuba diving. You'll need 12 to 24 hours to avoid decompression illness.