If you're looking to plan an adventurous, educational and not-so-typical vacation for your client: look no further. Several tour operators specialize in National Parks vacations, including RV tours, Amtrak rides and cycling and hiking tours.
Tracks + Trails
Tracks + Trails is an all-in-one RV adventure vacation planner. The group outfits each trip with a choice of activities, pre-arranged accommodations, campground reservations, maps and driving directs and a fully-equipped RV or motorhome. Guests are responsible for flying or driving to their starting city, opening their Adventure Kit portfolio and hitting the road. The company also provides commissions to travel agents.
Mighty 5: Utah and the Grand Canyon
- 13 nights | Starting at $8,700+
- Visit Las Vegas, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Capitol Reef National Park, Moab, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon
- Limited availability for 2017
Mount Rushmore, Black Hills & Devils Tower
- 9 nights | Starting at $6,200+
- Visit Denver, Hot Springs, South Dakota; Black Hills of South Dakota; Mount Rushmore National Memorial; Devils Tower National Monument, Wind Cave National Park, Cheyenne
If your client would rather leave the transportation up to someone else, Amtrak Vacations allows guests to visit National Parks by way of train. For long-distance train routes, Superliner Amtrak trains provide sleeping accommodations with a variety of bedroom and bathroom configurations; spacious seating accommodations, and family-style dining experiences.
America's National Parks
- 9 Days | From $1,699
- Includes three national parks: Yellowstone, Arches and Canyonlands
- Sightseeing tours at each park
- Package includes: One-way Amtrak ticket in Coach accommodations from Denver to Grand Junction; Grand Junction to Salt Lake City on the California Zephyr and eight nights' hotel accommodations.
Crater Lake National Park Getaway
- 3 Days | From $449
- Includes hop-on, hop-off sightseeing tour of Crater Lake
- Two nights' hotel accommodations
- Option to personalize trip with ranger-led hikes
GoParks! Tours With Globus
Operators like Globus offer group tour options for travelers looking to explore a national park. Some GoParks! tours even allow guests to stay inside the park. For a limited time, guests can save five percent on 2017 Globus Vacations.
Canyon Country Adventure
- 8 days | from $1,1918
- Highlights include: A 4-wheel-drive tour of Monument Valley with a Navajo tour guide, a cruise on Lake Powell and an overnight inside Grand Canyon National Park
- Includes breakfast daily and four, three-course dinners including a farewell dinner in Las Vegas
America's National Parks
- 10 days | from $2,336
- Highlights include: Two nights inside Yellowstone National Park, a visit to Mount Rushmore and a ride through Black Hills National Forest
- Includes breakfast daily and four, three-course dinners including a farewell dinner in Salt Lake City
The Backroads active travel company offers guests biking, hiking and sports adventures in a collection of national parks.
Maine - Acadia Bike Tour
- 5 days | from $2,998
- Highlights include: bike ride along the Somes Sound, through Acadia National Park and Cadillac Mountain's 1,532-foot summit
- Accommodations at the West Street Hotel and Camden Harbour Inn
Alaska Biking Tour
- 6 days | from $2,998
- Highlights include: ferry across Prince William Sound, ride in the shadows of Wrangell-St. Elias National Park's 16,000-foot peaks and pedal alongside the Matanuska Glacier
- Accommodations at Lake Lucille Inn, Sheep Mountain Lodge, Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge, Valdez Harbor Inn, and Alyeska Resort