Labor Day occupies an interesting space in the American mythos of holidays; it does not have the firework and barbecue-laden fanfare of the Fourth of July, the parades and Football of Thanksgiving, nor the quiet solemnity and solidarity associated with Memorial Day. Though this Monday, September 4 will honor the American labor movement and the contributions of workers to the well-being of the country, the holiday has become synonymous with a much-appreciated, late-summer three-day weekend, which presents a prime opportunity for a quick vacation, or new travel offerings altogether.
Travel Agent has compiled a list of some last-minute travel deals and packages travelers can still take advantage of this holiday weekend, as well as some deals that will be going live over Labor Day:
The Windsor Court in New Orleans encourages guests to snatch up this deal for a trip to the Big Easy this Labor Day Weekend. Labor Day Weekend deals from the Windsor Court start at $239 nightly. Using the code “Wanderlust” when booking through the hotel’s website grants guests a suite upgrade and a $50 credit towards the hotel’s restaurants, bar and cocktails, or parking. Windsor Court is a 15-minute walk from the nightlife of Bourbon Street, where many people will be taking advantage of the long weekend. This deal will also extend through Labor Day Weekend, so travelers can utilize the code for a booking later this year.
Though guests may be looking to take advantage of summer’s waning days by going to a coastal locale, The Broadmoor in in Colorado Springs, Colorado has a special four-night Labor Day Family Celebration package still available for booking. The package for the luxury Colorado resort includes:
- Classic accommodations per night, with available upgrade options
- One $300 dining credit, per reservation.
- One time admission to Seven Falls for each person on the package. Seven Falls is a series of seven cascading waterfalls opened as a private tourist attraction in the 1880s.
- One hour horseback trail ride or one Garden of the Gods Jeep Tour for each person on the package.
- Discount on the adult ticket price at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Suites available at 25% off published rates.
Over in Hawaii, the Kahala Hotel & Resort in Honolulu has a special deal that goes into effect just after Labor Day. Booking a 4-night stay in the Dolphin Lanai Room at the Kahala grants guests $200 air credit and access to a special daily buffet breakfast for two; most importantly, this deal makes every fourth night of a guest’s stay free. Prices begin at $969 per person; booking this coming Tuesday, September 5 for December 12 will let guests escape the winter chill at the beachfront resort on this deal.
La Colección is providing one of the more expansive deals this Labor Day. Using the code LABOR2017 when booking travel through August 29 and December 12, 2017 will net travelers 50 percent off regular rates at all La Colección properties, applicable to all 12 properties located throughout Mexico's beaches in seven destinations, including Cancun, Acapulco, Chetumal, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel and Los Cabos.
The deal is applicable to these 12 La Colleción resorts:
- Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco
- Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
- Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All-Inclusive
- Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun
- The Explorean Kohunlich
- Fiesta Americana Cozumel All-Inclusive
- The Explorean Cozumel
- Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All-Inclusive Golf & Spa
- Live Aqua Boutique Resort Playa del Carmen
- Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All-Inclusive (Adults Only)
- Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All-Inclusive & Spa
Abercrombie & Kent
The luxury tour operator is rolling out a number of special offers this holiday weekend, many of which are geared towards solo travelers. These deals include:
- Saving up to $10,00 per cabin on a 2017-2018 cruise to Antarctica; solo travelers save 50 percent on the Single Supplement
- Early booking on the 2018 Cuba by Land & Sea: A People-to-People Cruise itinerary saves up to $2,000 per cabin; solo travelers save 75 percent on the Single Supplement
- Saving 50 percent on the Single Supplement on Select 2017 Small Group Journeys
- Saving up to $2,500 per couple on Cruising the Mekong; the Single Supplement is waived on select dates.
- Saving $2,000 per couple on the 2017 Botswana Safari in Style itinerary
- Saving $1,000 per couple on the 2017 Christmas European River Cruises itinerary.
Viking Cruises is also offering a number of deals on their international cruise itineraries this weekend; in fact, these deals are not live on Viking’s website until September 1. From September 1-30, 2017, travelers can get 2-for-1 cruise fares and free international airfare on select 2017 and 2018 river and ocean cruises from Viking. Deals relevant to this offering include:
Paris to the Swiss Alps: a 12-day cruisetour aboard Viking’s Longships. The itinerary starts in Paris and ends in Zurich. Guests on this new itinerary can stay in Paris and Zurich on either end of the 6-day river cruise which makes stops in Trier, Mainz, Strasbourg and Basel. The discounted cruise far starts at $3,549 per person with free roundtrip international airfare. Rates also include all meals, beer and wine, excursions in every port and hotel stays in Paris and Zurich.
Waterways of the Tsars: This new itinerary brings guests from Moscow to St. Petersburg on a 13-day voyage through Russia. Guests will see the onion domes and stout towers of Moscow’s Red Square, share stories at the kitchen table of an Uglich family and taste Russian caviar on blini pancakes. Discounted cruise far starts at $5,499 with free roundtrip international airfare. Rates also include all means, beer and wine and excursions in every port.
Panama & Central America: This 15-day Caribbean and Latin America cruise departs from Miami, stopping in Key West, Belize, Honduras and Costa Rica before partially transiting the Panama Canal to stop in Colombia, Jamaica and the Cayman Islands, before returning to Miami. Guests will have the opportunity to learn about the area’s rich history and indigenous cultures and take in the region’s wonders, both natural and man made. Discounted cruise fare starts at $3,499 per person and free roundtrip international airfare, which includes all meals, beer and wine and excursions in every port.