Puerto Rico-born designer, hotelier Sylva De Marco can now add “Panchakarma expert” to her list of talents. Her boutique hotel, Finca Victoria, on the island of Vieques will be transformed this October as the Caribbean’s first-ever ayurvedic center. The hotel first opened to a few select guests after Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico in 1997.
Each of the 14 accommodations—from the Treehouses and Cabins to the traditional Caribbean-style Houses and the newly restored 1973 vintage Airstream with a floating deck—have been upgraded to provide guests with a fully equipped kitchen infused with handmade ayurvedic spices and oils, offering a culinary journey guests can create for themselves as part of their programs.
The hotel is home to Maloka, a space overlooking the ocean, where guests can engage in daily yoga, meditation and private retreats. The Wellness Center additionally offers a range of experiences such as ayurvedic therapies, Western massages, Chinese medicine and bespoke treatments that use organic products crafted in-house.
Finca Victoria has also unveiled a series of wellness retreats for this year and the next. These include:
- Panchakarma Detox Retreats (Offered every month): This week-long journey is designed to harness the collective energy of shared intentions, guiding participants towards transformation and renewal.
- Panchakarma + Janzu Retreat (September 28 to October 6, 2023): The nine-day detoxification program begins with Panchakarma, an ancient ayurvedic detox protocol that cleanses and restores the body to a state of natural balance. Through herbal medicine, ayurvedic routines, yoga and nourishing foods, participants release stored toxins and reawaken their body’s innate healing abilities.
- Yoga Retreat with Sylvia De Marco (November 9–15, 2023): This retreat combines sacred geometry with yoga flows set to live music.
- Wachuma Medicine Retreat (February 27 to March 5, 2024): This retreat offers a holistic experience of mind, body and spirit connection through sacred ceremonies, ayurvedic meals, daily yoga, rejuvenating treatments, Janzu therapy and other healing rituals.
- Into the Heart of the Ocean Men’s Retreat (March 8–13, 2024): This program invites 25 participants to explore the Caribbean and dive deep into self-exploration and healing. Participants are encouraged to embrace the masculine and feminine practices present in nature, supported by Janzu therapy and the teachings of the ocean.
For more information, visit www.finca-victoria.com.