Puerto Rico’s local government has announced the relaxation of local COVID restrictions, including entry requirements for domestic passengers and on-Island mandates, starting Thursday, March 10. The announcement follows the recent decrease in COVID-19 cases and high vaccination rates across the Island.
The following measures will go into effect beginning March 10, 2022:
- Domestic travelers will no longer be required to provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 result. (Note: International travelers are still subject to the U.S. entry requirements as mandated by the federal government, which requires a negative COVID test from within one day prior to departure and proof of full vaccination.)
- Mask requirements will be removed for both indoor and outdoor establishments; however, masks will still be recommended for situations where vaccination status cannot be guaranteed as well as on airplanes and in airports as federal law determines.
- Capacity limits for both private and public establishments, such as restaurants, bars, theaters and event venues, will no longer be in place.
- Patrons of private and public establishments will no longer be required to provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result upon arrival (this includes lodging establishments and restaraunts).
- Individual businesses still reserve the right to establish their own health and safety guidelines and operations.
Travelers who test positive while on the Island must quarantine and cover their own medical expenses/possible extended stay.
For cruises, all guests 12 years of age or older must be fully vaccinated with a Food and Drug Administration- or World Health Organization-approved vaccine to gain entry to the island. Unvaccinated passengers, except for children under 12 years of age, cannot disembark in Puerto Rico. All guests arriving via air to Puerto Rico to board a cruise ship must follow the air-entry protocols outlined, which may vary based on vaccination status and point of origin.
Public beaches, natural reserves and marinas are open and following social distancing guidelines.
For the latest information, visit www.discoverpuertorico.com.