After recently introducing its first-ever river cruising itineraries, Adventures by Disney has just announced that new sailings have been added to its 2016 itineraries.
Adventures by Disney, in collaboration with AmaWaterways, is now offering five sailings along the Danube River in the summer of 2016, as well as two holiday themed itineraries in December 2016.
Guests will sail aboard the new 170-passenger AmaViola, a river cruise ship that is being custom built by AmaWaterways. The vessel’s family-friendly accommodations include six sets of connecting staterooms, as well as several rooms and suites that accommodate three- and four-person families.
Travelers will visit eight destinations across four countries including Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. Guests will be escorted by Disney Adventure Guides to tour scenes from the movie “The Sound of Music” in Salzburg, explore Devin Castle in Bratislava, and take a traditional Austrian folk dancing lesson in Melk.
While onboard, adults can participate in wine tasting, music, dancing and a fitness center. Activities for Junior Adventurers include game nights, movies, karaoke, relay races, life-size chess lessons, and video games.
The Adventures by Disney river cruise itineraries will take place July 7-14, July 14-21, July 21-28, July 28 – August 4 and August 4-11, 2016, and will include:
- Tour of Mirabell Gardens and adventures through a salt mine (Austria)
- Nighttime Illuminations Cruise (Budapest)
- Horse show at Lazar Equestrian Park (Hungary)
- Medieval activities at Devin Castle in Bratislava (Slovakia)
- Private marionette performance and strudel making demo at Schonbrunn Palace (Austria)
- Falconry show at Hohenwerfen castle (Austria)
- Walk along the tree tops at a unique outdoor adventure center in Kopfing (Germany)
- Oktoberfest event at a local brewery (Germany)
- Themed meals and culinary activities, such as interactive goulash and strudel making
- Biking in every port
The special holiday themed sailing departing December 15, 2016, will also include visits to the Christmas markets along the Danube, a private performance and cocktail reception at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna, and a visit to Schlosshof.
The December 22, 2016, holiday sailing will include visits to Christmas markets in Budapest and Vienna, a Vienna Boys Choir Christmas performance in the Hofburg Palace Chapel, and a special holiday meal menu.