AdventureSmith Explorations is arranging strategies with its portfolio of cruise companies to assist an estimated 4,000 travelers whose cruise vacations were impacted by the recent demise of Cruise West.
"As a preferred partner with Cruise West we are saddened by their closure," said Todd Smith, founder of AdventureSmith Explorations. "We are empathetic to the pain and panic their clients must be experiencing. We want to do everything in our power to assist those passengers in their pursuit of an alternative, small ship cruise vacation.” Smith arranged cruise incentives for cancelled Cruise West clients and outlined special offers to date that companies are extending to these thousands of travelers whose vacations were aborted by the now-defunct cruise company.
Displaced but documented Cruise West clients can opt for 20 to 50 percent savings on a range of 2010 and 2011 Orion Expeditions cruises by booking by October 31, 2010, on the following sailings:
* 50 percent reduction on any Orion sailing between now and Mar. 7, 2011, (not including Antarctica)
* 25 percent reduction on Papua New Guinea 2010 and 2011 sailings
* 25 percent reduction on Antarctica sailings December 2010/January 2011
* 20 percent reduction on Kimberley sailings 2011
* 20 percent reduction on any Orion II destination in 2011
Lindblad Expeditions will honor documented deposits made to Cruise West (up to $500 per booking) when rebooking a cruise with them. This is in addition to any applicable offers for the following expeditions:
* Baja: Pre-Hispanic Art, Missions and Wildlife – January 2, 5, 12, 15. Guests will receive the current offer of $500 per person plus $500 off per booking.
* Alaska: On select dates in May and the first two weeks in June guests will receive the current offer of $500 per person plus the current promotion of “free air” or “free air plus $500” depending on the date of departure.
* Costa Rica Panama: Guests will receive the current offer “three day complementary extension to Montverde”, plus an additional $500 per booking for departures on November 6, 13, 20; December 8, 11, 18; January 22, 29; February 16, 19; March 2, 26.
American Safari Cruises/InnerSea Discoveries is offering a $150 per person savings if being re-accommodated on InnerSea Discoveries and $300 per person off if rebooked on American Safari Cruises. On InnerSea Discoveries’ Mexico Sea of Cortes Cruise, January-April, there is an offer for 25 percent off of published fares for anyone who had been booked on a Cruise West Spirit of Endeavour Mexico cruise.
Fantasy Cruises offers displaced guests of Cruise West a $275 per person savings plus two free pre or post cruise hotel nights (Sitka, Petersburg or Juneau) for bookings on their Alaska cruise ship Island Spirit.