AmaWaterways has launched the company’s 2018 Europe, Asia & Africa Extensive Brochure. In 2018, the company will debut its newest ship, AmaLea, eight new itineraries, more wine-themed cruises, a 'Sip and Sail' complimentary cocktail hour and an expanded list of active excursions and onbaord programs.
AmaWaterways will expand its European fleet with the addition of AmaLea, a 156-guest ship set to sail the Danube and seasonal Tulip Time itinerary. Modeled after sister ships AmaKristina, AmaStella and AmaViola, AmaLea will offer connecting staterooms and triple accommodations, signature twin-balconies, a swimming pool with swim-up bar, expanded fitness room, multiple dining venues and more. Guests will also be able to enjoy the Chef's Table - complete with a 12-course tasting menu, and new, daily complimentary 'Sip and Sail' cocktail hour.
AmaWaterways will see the addition of six new Europe itineraries and two new exotic itineraries in Africa and Vietnam & Cambodia. For the first time, AmaWaterways has introduced ten- and eleven-night cruises on the Rhine and Moselle Rivers and a new seven-night Danube itinerary that begins or ends in Vienna.
New 2018 itineraries include:
- Rhine & Moselle Delights – ten-night cruise from Basel to Amsterdam with optional three-night land extension in Zurich
- Rhine & Moselle Fairytales – eleven-night cruise from Amsterdam to Basel with optional three-night land extension in Zurich
- Danube Serenade – seven-night cruise between Nuremberg and Vienna with optional three-night land extension in Prague and two-night land extension in Vienna
- Medieval Treasures – seven-night cruise from Basel to Nuremberg with optional three-night land extension in Zurich and Prague
- Rhine & Moselle Splendors – seven-night cruise from Luxembourg to Basel with optional three-night land extension in Paris and Zurich
- Magical Christmas Markets – seven-night cruise between Nuremberg and Vienna with optional two-night land extension in Prague and Vienna
- Charms of the Mekong – two nights in Ho Chi Minh City, a seven-night cruise from Ho Chi Minh City to Prek Kdam, two nights in Siem Reap, three nights in Hanoi and one night in Ha Long Bay
- Wildlife and the Falls – one night in Johannesburg, a four-night African river safari, two nights in Victoria Falls, two nights in Johannesburg and two nights at a luxury safari lodge in Greater Kruger National Park
Enhanced Onboard Programs and Excursions
Guests wishing to continue with their healthy lifestyle while onboard can do so with AmaWaterways’ biking and hiking tours along Europe’s rivers. These guided tours are included in the cruise fare and are provided at a variety of paces. AmaWaterways has also expanded their collection of healthy food choices – including vegetarian and gluten-free options to help accommodate health-conscious guests. In addition, a new wellness program will be introduced, which includes a dedicated wellness instructor offering group yoga, running and tai-chi classes along with health and wellness lectures.
AmaWaterways will sail more than 50-wined themed cruises in 2018 - traversing the wine regions of Austria, Germany, Portugal and France. Highlights include wine tours and tastings at local wineries and private cellars, visits to renowned vineyards – including Austria’s Wachau Valley, France’s Bordeaux region and Germany’s Moselle Valley – and wine-expert led informative sessions.
Download AmaWaterways' Extensive 2018 Europe, Asia and Africa brochure at www.amawaterways.com