American Cruise Lines is offering complimentary shore excursions on all Mississippi and Columbia River cruises aboard its two authentic paddlewheelers, Queen of the Mississippi and Queen of the West. The line will offer complimentary shore excursions in each port, valued at more than $300 per person. Additionally, for a limited time, a complimentary pre-night hotel stay will also be offered on bookings made throughout Wave Season.
Complimentary tours on Mississippi River cruises include:
- Battle of Vicksburg Tour – Vicksburg, Miss. - Guests will tour the Vicksburg National Military Park and discover the site of one of the Civil War’s battles – The Siege of Vicksburg.
- Oak Alley Plantation Tour – Oak Alley, La. - Guests will enjoy an educational tour by guides in period clothing, and a walk through the quarter mile canopy of 300 year old live oak trees.
- Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum – Hannibal, Mo. - Guests will enjoy a trolley tour of this historic town and discover the inspiration behind Mark Twain’s writing, while reliving scenes from Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.
Complimentary tours on Columbia and Snake River cruises include:
- Mount St. Helens Tour – Rainier, Wash. - A scenic bus ride takes guests to the Mount St. Helens Johnston Ridge Observatory. The observatory sits on a bluff overlooking the crater and offers views of Mount St. Helens' lava dome, pumice plain and landslide deposit.
- Columbia Gorge Discover Center – The Dalles, Ore. - Guests visit a interactive museum with exhibits and collections of local cultural history. The exhibits focus on the volcanic upheaval and raging floods that created the Gorge, the horticulture and wildlife of the region and eleven thousand years of history.
- Winery Tour – Richland, Va. - The Tri-Cities region houses more than 160 wineries within a 50 mile radius. Sample wines and enjoy views of beautiful vineyards on this narrated winery tour.
On each eight-day Columbia and Snake River and Mississippi River itinerary, guests enjoy views of a diverse landscape and extended visits to ports along the way. Onboard, they’ll enjoy amenities, including personalized service and the most spacious staterooms in the industry.
For more information, visit www.americancruiselines.com.