Avalon Waterways has announced the addition of two new Active Discovery on the Rhine itineraries, sailing eight days from Amsterdam to Frankfurt or eight days from Frankfurt to Amsterdam. On the new itineraries, cruisers can bike along the Rhine, take a running tour of Amsterdam and tour an extinct volcano and mine.
- Welcome reception
- Painting class, running tour or canal cruise
- Biking tour along the Rhine, participate in the Roman games at Archaeological Park, or take part in a Roman clothes workshop
- Guided hiking around Duisburg, culinary walk in Duisburg, free time in Dusseldorf
- Sightseeing in Cologne, visit the chocolate museum, free time in Bonn; concert at Castle Engers
- Wine tasting or hiking in Eltville
Active Discovery on the Rhine cruises set sail on the Avalon Felicity with accommodations for 138 passengers. Each stateroom includes a stocked minibar, flat-screen satellite TV and radio, and private bathroom with a full shower, hairdryer and bath amenities. Guests will also have access to the fitness center and Sky Deck, complete with whirlpool, and complimentary computer and Wi-Fi access.
For the second year, Avalon Waterways is also offering travelers Active Discovery on the Danube cruises, which sail nine days from Budapest to Linz or nine days from Linz to Budapest, with opportunities to hike, bike, and canoe along the Danube River.
Avalon Waterways' Active Discovery cruises are priced from $3,249. Those booking a 2018 river cruise with Avalon Waterways can take advantage of $299 airfare or save up to $1,500 per couple when booking early as part of the See the World for Less sales event.