Avalon Waterways, which operates riverboats in Europe, China, Egypt and the Galapagos, is expanding its 2009 itineraries by adding six new voyages altogether. The line is doing so based on "outstanding 2008 sales."
Avalon's six new river cruises for 2009, which will range from eight to 23 days, were developed to meet increased demands from past guests. The following are the new itineraries:
* Christmas in the Heart of Germany—Eight Days (Frankfurt to Prague) and priced from $1,709.
* Windmills, Vineyards & Paris—13 or 14 Days (Paris to Amsterdam/Amsterdam to Paris) and priced from $3,529.
* Blue Danube to the Black Sea—14 Days (Vienna to Bucharest/Bucharest to Vienna) and priced from $3,559.
* European Splendor—13 Days (Amsterdam to Vienna/Vienna to Amsterdam) and priced from $3,649.
* North Sea–Black Sea Cruise—23 Days (Amsterdam to Bucharest/Bucharest to Amsterdam) and priced from $6,729.
* Fascinating China & Mongolia with Yangtze River Cruise—18 Days (Shanghai to Beijing) and priced from $5,709.
Avalon Waterways' European fleet in 2009 will total eight ships with the addition of Avalon Affinity and Avalon Creativity. Its newest riverboat, Avalon Scenery, will be christened in France this spring.
In anticipation for 2009, the line is offering an early booking promotion: Those booking travel between now and August 31 can receive $300 off the air-inclusive price or $125 off the cruise-only price of a 2009 Globus or Avalon Waterways cruise.