Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line (BPCL) welcomed its newest addition to the fleet, Grand Classica, as the ship arrives in the Port of Palm Beach on Friday, April 13, 2018, for its inaugural cruise. Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line is the only line offering two-night cruises departing year-round from the Port of Palm Beach. Grand Classica will now compliment Grand Celebration’s service to deliver daily departures to Grand Bahama Island. The two ships will carry a combined 500,000+ passengers annually to the island’s port city of Freeport.
Having two ships sailing to Grand Bahama Island gives the cruise line the ability to offer daily departures on the short cruise product, said CEO Oneil Khosa in a written statement.
Prior to the ship’s departure, Grand Classica will host community leaders, travel agents, media and partners for a welcome ceremony and ribbon cutting with Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line CEO Oneil Khosa, President Kevin Sheehan Jr., Palm Beach County Mayor Melissa McKinlay, Minister of State for Grand Bahama J. Kwasi Thompson, Port of Palm Beach Executive Director Manuel Almira and other community officials and business leaders.
Grand Classica has a variety of amenities, including:
- 10 passenger decks with 658 staterooms and a guest capacity of 1,680
- Eight dining options offering different cuisines and new concepts
- Live entertainment including bands, musicians, singing, dancing and comedy shows
- Casino featuring over 101 popular slot games and 10 table games
- Multiple bars and lounges and a new Sports Bar
- Full-service spa, salon and fitness center
- Adult-only pool area with two whirlpools and a bar
- Large main pool area with spacious deck, lounge chairs and jogging track
- Kid’s club for children ages 3-17 offering complimentary play and activities
- Shopping plaza with a variety of stores