The rollout of Carnival’s $500 million “Fun Ship 2.0” fleetwide enhancement program continues with New Orleans’ largest year-round cruise ship, Carnival Conquest, departing for a two-week dry dock in Freeport, The Bahamas.
The ship will undergo a major multimillion-dollar refurbishment to receive dramatic upgrades in dining, bar and entertainment. Among the many highlights are Guy’s Burger Joint, developed in tandem with Food Network personality Guy Fieri, an EA SPORTS Bar and the poolside RedFrog Rum Bar and BlueIguana Tequila Bar.
To celebrate, Carnival is hosting a sweepstakes via its website awarding one lucky winner a free Carnival Conquest cruise for two to the Caribbean. To enter the contest, participants are required to complete an on-line registration form at here between Oct. 15-28, 2012, entering them automatically into a random drawing for the seven-day cruise. Consumers can also view a series of fun videos documenting Carnival Conquest’s refurbishment progress on the web site throughout the two-week period.
When Carnival Conquest returns to service at the Port of New Orleans Oct. 28, 2012, the ship will feature a host of enhancements, including:
- RedFrog Rum Bar, an open-air Caribbean-themed watering hole offering refreshing rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s private label draft brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a Mexican-themed poolside bar specializing in frozen cocktails and Mexican beers.
- Alchemy Bar, a vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy” featuring interesting drink flavors, and ingredients, with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different fun categories. Guests can create their own custom cocktails.
- EA SPORTS Bar, a hangout for sports fanatics where patrons can view live sporting events on large-screen televisions, play popular EA SPORTS video games and keep up with the latest scores on a 24/7 sports ticker.
- Guy’s Burger Joint, created in partnership with Food Network personality and chef Guy Fieri, this poolside venue serves burgers at sea and hand-cut fries.
- BlueIguana Cantina, a free-of-charge Mexican cantina offering a variety of tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at an extensive salsa and toppings bar.
- The Punchliner Comedy Club & The Punchliner Comedy Brunch presented by George Lopez brings even more laughs with a lineup of comedic talent, curated by the popular comedian and TV personality, along with a humorous twist on brunch.
- Cherry on Top offers bins of bulk candy, gifts, novelties, colorful custom apparel and more.
By early December, Carnival Conquest will also feature Hasbro, The Game Show and Playlist Productions. Hasbro, The Game Show makes guests the stars of the show through adaptations of the company’s board games, while Playlist Productions is a dramatic retooling of Carnival’s revues that combines captivating live performances with high-tech LED staging and special effects that set a new standard in seagoing productions.
In addition to Carnival Conquest, which operates seven-day Caribbean cruises, Carnival Elation offers four- and five-day cruises from New Orleans to Mexico.
For more information, visit www.carnival.com.