Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Elation is ready to set sail October 7 following an extensive renovation that added a new water park, 38 new cabins, 98 balconies to existing staterooms and a number of food and beverage concepts.
Following the renovation project, the cruise ship will resume its year-round schedule of four- to eight-day cruises from Jacksonville, FL, starting October 7. The ship’s new features include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint: a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri, serving burgers and fries amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture.
- RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside watering hole offering Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
- BlueIguana Cantina: a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as a toppings and salsa bar.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar: an outdoor bar with a Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers.
- Camp Ocean: a colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11, with more than 200 ocean-themed activities, including arts and crafts, science-oriented programming, and more.
- New Cabins, Stateroom Enhancements: Thirty-eight cabins have been added – two Grand Vista suites with floor-to-ceiling windows, 22 junior suites, two scenic ocean view cabins and 12 interior accommodations. Additionally, private verandahs have been added to 98 existing staterooms, creating new 230-square-foot balcony staterooms. All staterooms will sail with new island-inspired interiors with bright colors and soothing pastels inspired by Carnival Elation’s tropical itineraries.
- WaterWorks: On Verandah Deck, this all-ages water park has an enclosed 300-foot-long Twister water slide, two 82-foot-long racing slides, and a splash zone for kids.
- Mini-Golf Course: A nine-hole miniature golf course has been relocated to Deck 14.
Carnival Elation is Jacksonville’s only year-round cruise ship, Carnival said, sailing four- and five-day cruises to the Bahamas with stops at Freeport, Nassau and the private destinations of Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays. The ship will also sail a special six-day Bahamas cruise and an eight-day Bermuda itinerary in April 2018, as well as a one-time seven-day eastern Caribbean cruise the following month.