The Carnival Glory returned to service following a multi-million dollar renovation that added several on-board spaces, from a new burger venue developed by Food Network personality Guy Fieri and a pair of tropics-inspired poolside watering holes to a “cocktail pharmacy” theme lounge called the Alchemy Bar.
Carnival Glory’s new dining, bar and entertainment options are part of Fun Ship 2.0, a $500-million product enhancement initiative that is being rolled out across the Carnival fleet.
Following a special three-day cruise from Miami to Nassau, Carnival Glory will launch a winter schedule of seven-day Caribbean voyages beginning Nov. 18. In June 2013, the ship will reposition to Boston for a series of four- and five-day Canada voyages before heading to New York for four- to seven-day Canada/New England departures through October.
New features added to the Carnival Glory during its two-week dry dock include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a complimentary poolside venue offering fresh-made burgers, hand-cut fries, toppings and condiments created by Food Network personality and chef Guy Fieri
- BlueIguana Cantina, a free-of-charge Mexican cantina with authentic tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at a salsa and toppings bar
- Alchemy Bar, a cocktail “pharmacy” where mixologists create custom cocktails
- EA Sports Bar, an interactive sports bar where patrons can view live action, play popular EA Sports video games and keep up with the latest scores on the 24/7 sports ticker
- RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside Caribbean-themed watering hole offering a variety of the region’s rums and beers, which are enjoyed in a laid back island-infused atmosphere
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a poolside bar specializing in frozen cocktails and Mexican beers
- The Punchliner Comedy Club & Punchliner Comedy Brunch Presented by George Lopez, who is taking Carnival’s comedy offerings to the next level with comedians and a humorous twist on the traditional mid-morning culinary feast
- Cherry On Top, which offers bins of bulk candy, gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
Hasbro, The Game Show and Playlist Productions will also be added to Carnival Glory over the next several weeks. Hasbro, The Game Show makes guests the stars of the show through larger-than-life adaptations of the company’s board games, while Playlist Productions is a dramatic retooling of Carnival’s legendary revues that combines captivating live performances with high-tech LED staging and special effects that set a new standard in seagoing productions.
For more information, visit www.GoCCL.com.