Carnival Cruises has announced that its 2,052-passenger ship, Carnival Inspiration, will undergo a multi-million-dollar makeover that will add several new dining and bar options next month.
The new look will be added during a three-week dry dock scheduled to take place in in Portland, Oregon, January 18 to February 5, 2016. After the renovation is complete, the ship will resume its year-round schedule of three- and four-day Baja cruises from Long Beach, California.
New options that will be added to Carnival Inspiration include:
• Guy’s Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri.
• BlueIguana Cantina, a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery serving freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas.
• RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside bar offering Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
• Alchemy Bar, a vintage-themed lounge with mixologists who prescribe concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients.
• BlueIguana Tequila Bar, an outdoor bar offering a casual Mexican-themed atmosphere and frozen drinks and beers.
• Cherry On Top, which celebrates simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fanciful gifts and novelties and custom apparel.
In addition to the new spaces, guests sailing aboard Carnival Inspiration will also have access to the ship’s expansive WaterWorks aqua park, with attractions including a 300-foot-long Twister slide, kiddie splash zone, a 24-hour pizzeria, full casino, 12,000-square-foot Spa Carnival health and wellness center, and the Serenity adults-only retreat.
On its year-round short cruise program from Long Beach, Carnival Inspiration departs every Friday on three-day cruises to Ensenada and every Monday on four-day cruises to Ensenada and Catalina Island.