Carnival Cruise Lines is launching seasonal Caribbean cruises from Miami aboard the 3,006-passenger Carnival Splendor beginning Nov. 9, 2014.
Carnival Splendor will be the seventh Carnival Cruise Lines ship to be based in South Florida.
Including Carnival Splendor, Carnival Cruise Lines will operate more than 400 three- to eight-day departures from PortMiami and Port Everglades, accounting for approximately 1.2 million guests annually.
Carnival’s South Florida program includes three to eight-day cruises visiting the Caribbean and Bahamas as well as destinations such as the Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Mahogany Bay in Isla Roatan, as well as Aruba and Curacao on eight-day itineraries, providing unparalleled choice for consumers.
Carnival Splendor’s new seasonal Miami-based schedule will encompass week-long cruises departing Sundays with itineraries alternating between the eastern and western Caribbean beginning November 9, 2014. Eastern Caribbean cruises will call at St Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Nassau, while the western Caribbean route will call at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Mahogany Bay in Isla Roatan.
Prior to its Miami deployment, Carnival Splendor will operate two special eight-day cruises – a New York to San Juan departure calling at St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua and St. Maarten departing Oct. 24, 2014 and a San Juan to Miami voyage visiting St. Croix, Martinique, Grenada, Dominica and Grand Turk departing Nov. 1, 2014.
In addition to Carnival Splendor, the following “Fun Ship” choices from Miami or Fort Lauderdale are also available:
- Carnival Breeze (Miami) – the line’s newest and largest ship, the 3,690-passenger Carnival Breeze operates year-round six- and eight-day Caribbean cruises and offers multiple Fun Ship 2.0 dining and beverage spots, as well as a WaterWorks water park offering a 314-foot-long water slide, the SportSquare outdoor recreation area featuring a ropes course with views to the sea 150 feet below, the Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant, Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ, the full-service Bonsai Sushi and the Thrill Theater, a movie-going experience.
- Carnival Glory, Carnival Liberty - through May 2014, Carnival Conquest (Miami) – These 2,974-passenger vessels operate seven-day Caribbean cruises and have each undergone Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades that have added the EA Sports Bar, BlueIguana Cantina Mexican eatery, the poolside RedFrog Rum Bar and BlueIguana Tequila Bar, the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar and Guy’s Burger Joint developed in tandem with Food Network star Guy Fieri.
- Carnival Victory (Miami) – The largest ship to operate year-round short cruise itineraries from South Florida, the 2,758-passenger vessel offers four-day cruises to Key West and Cozumel and five-day cruises to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau or Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. Aside from dining, entertainment and activity choices, Carnival Victory has nearly 500 balcony staterooms.
- Carnival Ecstasy (Miami beginning January 2014) – In addition to offering balcony staterooms for the first time on a Carnival three- and four-day cruise program, the 2,052-passenger vessel has the line’s extensive Evolutions of Fun upgrades, including a resort-style tropical-themed main pool area, a WaterWorks park and a Serenity adults-only retreat.
- Carnival Freedom (Fort Lauderdale) – The 2,974-passenger “Fun Ship” operates year-round five to eight-day Caribbean cruises and is scheduled to undergo an extensive dry dock in April 2014 which will encompass the addition of a variety of Fun Ship 2.0 branded experiences.
Yesterday Carnival Corporation announced its fourth quarter and full year earnings. For the fourth quarter of 2013, U.S. net income was $66 million, or $0.08 diluted earning per share. That compares with $93 million, in net income or $0.12 in 2012. Revenues for fourth quarter 2013 were $3.7 billion compared to $3.6 billion for the prior year.
Carnival Cruise Lines also unveiled its "50 Cruises a Day Giveaway" for travel agents. Each booking made by travel professionals between Dec. 16, 2013, and Jan. 31, 2014, will automatically qualify them to win one of 50 cruises given away daily as part of the promotion.
For more information, visit www.carnival.com.