Celebrity Cruises has released new details on The Spa onboard Celebrity Edge, which will make its debut this December. Designed by Kelly Hoppen, the 22,000-square-foot spa will have over 100 treatments, including first-at-sea experiences and more.
To create an environment that is both luxurious and in tune with nature, Celebrity collaborated with Hoppen, who brought her style to Celebrity Edge’s accommodations, including the suites and The Retreat. The Spa’s new design showcases crystal installations, Zen sculptures, and a neutral palette with warm lighting to create a sense of calmness.
Celebrity infused natural elements into The Spa through a new concept called SEA – inspired by the Sea, Earth, and the Air – which transcends the design of The Spa and treatments.
SEA unites every experience throughout the wellness journey. Bespoke blended essences fill the air, kickstarting the spa experience. The Relaxation Lounge surrounds guests in a calming atmosphere, clearing their mind before their treatments begin. Then, every treatment starts with a unique welcome ritual to prepare one’s mind, body, and spirit.
There are more than 124 treatments, including signature offerings such as the Ocean Spa Wave Massage, Hot Mineral Body Boost, Poultice-Powered Muscle Release, Zero Gravity Wellness Massage, Restorative Salt Stone Massage, and Thousand Flower Detox Wrap.
From wellness to beauty to fitness, The Spa on Celebrity Edge also offers a lineup of first-at-sea and brand-first offerings for guests to enjoy, including:
- The SEA Thermal Suite, the next evolution of the Persian Garden on Celebrity’s current fleet, with eight therapeutic experiences: the Hammam, Salt Room, Steam Room, Rainfall Water Therapy Room, Float Room, heated tile loungers, Infrared Sauna, and Crystalarium. AquaClass guests receive complimentary access to the SEA Thermal Suite, among other complimentary amenities.
- The first line of ELEMIS BIOTEC facials ever offered on a Celebrity ship.
- Ideal Image Ocean, The Advanced MedSpa, is another first at sea, offering services such as Dysport Wrinkle Treatments and Restylane Dermal Filler Treatments
- Celebrity will partner with Kérastase, a luxury haircare brand, to introduce the first ever Kérastase Institute at sea
- The Barber offers traditional hot shaves and fresh cuts for men
- Guests can relive their experience at The Spa at home with the same products used in treatments on board found at the interactive ELEMIS Ingredient Wall, which gives insights into the science and natural ingredients behind the Celebrity’s line of ELEMIS products
- The Fitness Center will offer Celebrity firsts like hot yoga, Technogym Group Cycle, Fitness on Demand, cardio boxing, the first Bungee Fit and Peloton bikes ever offered at sea
The Spa will also have a specialty treatment table collection, including:
- Spa Wave MLW Amphibia Table: A first at sea, water filled cushions adapt to guests’ anatomy for added support, as well as customizable color therapy lighting.
- WellMassage4D Table: This award-winning treatment table, a Celebrity first, uses technology to deliver a deeper and more relaxing massage.
- MLX Quartz Table: Another Celebrity first, warm crystals mold and shape around the body, releasing muscle tension and promoting a relaxation.
Celebrity Edge will spend its inaugural season sailing alternating seven-night eastern and western Caribbean cruise itineraries before transporting guests to the Mediterranean with a range of seven- to 11-night sailings from cities like Barcelona and Rome in 2019. Homeporting and cruising from Fort Lauderdale, Celebrity Edge will be making its first sailing on December 1, 2018
For more, visit www.celebritycruises.com.