On two cruises in July and August 2017, the European Circus Roncalli will perform on board a cruise ship for the first time. Guests aboard the Europa 2 will be able to see two different shows in the ship's theater as part of the evening program. One performance centers on traditional elements of Circus Roncalli's repertoire and the other focuses on a modern interpretation of the circus arts.
The circus, directed by Bernhard Paul, will be on board the following cruises. Both cruises on the Europa 2 are already fully booked.
- Venice to Monte Carlo, June 30-July 10, 2017 (ten days)
- Calls on ports in Kerkyra, Corfu, Ionian Islands, Messina, Sicility, Capri, Rome, Bonifacio, Corsica, Portofino, Nice, Monte Carlo, and Monaco
- Rates from € 5,890 per person (approximately $6,280 USD)
- Bilbao to Hamburg, August 1-12, 2017 (11 days)
- Calls on ports in St.-Jean-de-Luz, Bordeaux, La Palais, Belle-lle, St. Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands, Honfleur, Antwerp, Amsterdam and Hamburg.
- Rates from € 5, 090 per person (approximately $5,400 USD)
The Europa 2 holds a maximum of 500 guests and has been awarded the distinction of 5-star-plus by the Berlitz Cruise Guide 2017. Each suite has complimentary champagne upon arrival, a minibar refilled on a daily basis, Nespresso machine, 24-hour suite service, flat-screen TV, tablet PC, and portable telephones. Guests also have access to Media4Cruises, which offers a selection of 150 films, TV series and documentaries.
Hapag-Lloyd Cruises boasts a four-ship fleet including the Europa, Europa 2 and expedition ships; Hanseatic and Bremen. The ships sail to destinations in the Middle East, Antarctic, Western Mediterranean, Eastern Mediterranean, US and Canada; the Caribbean. Arctic, Pacific and South Seas; Africa, Asia, Central and South America; and the North Sea and Baltic Sea.