Compagnie du Ponant, the French-flagged cruise line whose yacht-style ships offer cruises to all seven continents, is offering Winter Season 2013/2014 itineraries to Asia on Le Soléal, the newest ship in the fleet. For bookings on select Asia sailings made by Aug. 31, 2013, passengers will receive an air credit of up to $1000 per person, based on double occupancy.
Launched in July 2013 with a series of five-star polar expedition cruises, the 132-stateroom state-of-the-art vessel continues her inaugural sailing season with voyages to Asia, offering 13 all-new itineraries on cruises from seven to 17 nights. Due to her smaller size and technical capabilities, Le Soléal will be able to sail in waters and berth in ports restricted to bigger ships.
Like her sister ships in the Compagnie du Ponant’s chic fleet, Le Soléal offers:
- Contemporary interiors by Jean-Philippe Nuel with a palette of rich materials and subtle yachting nuances throughout, including works by noted marine photographer Philip Plisson
- A choice of 132 luxurious staterooms or suites with sea views and private balconies, including the elite Deck 6 that is home to 13 spacious suites with 24-hour butler service
- A main foyer with a boutique, reception desk and excursion desk
- Two restaurants, offering dining from casual to fine, complete with wine pairings and a fine wine cellar, a bar and lounge, and 24-hour in-room dining
- A full-service SOTHYSTM spa with signature treatments, hammam, hair salon and fitness center
- An outdoor pool with bar, panoramic terrace adjoining the indoor bar and lounge, library with Internet stations, medical center, WiFi, in-room and on-board flat screen satellite TV with complimentary on-demand movies
- A 250-seat theatre for live entertainment, film screenings and presentations A fleet of expedition Zodiac boats outfitted with satellite tracking
Spotlight Asia itineraries for the 2013/2014 season include:
- Nine-night cruise from Singapore to Singapore: Discover the secrets of the “Lion City” before tracing the coastlines of Malaysia and Thailand, exploring Malaysia’s ancient royal city of Kuala Lumpur, the beaches of Pangkor and the wildlife of Langkawi, as well as Thailand’s Phuket, the emerald green waters of Phang Nga Bay and the ancient culture that founded Malacca, before returning to Singapore; departs Dec. 2, 2013
- Twelve-night cruise from Bali to Bali: Cruise through the islands of Indonesia, journeying from Bali, the “island of the gods,” to Ende on the coast of the Flores Sea, and onto Kondibondi; departs Dec. 22, 2013
- Thirteen-night cruise from Kuala Lumpur to Sri Lanka: Depart from Malaysia’s ancient royal city, sailing for Thailand and Burma (or Myanmar), "Plain of Lords,” a stretch of land along the banks of the Irrawady river, which is dotted with a thousand golden pagodas, before ending up in Colombo in Sri Lanka; departs March 14, 2014
For more information, visit en.ponant.com.