Foodies who are also cruise enthusiasts can now sail on culinary cruises with Cruising with the Chefs to ports in Scandinavia, Western and Eastern Europe and Asia Minor, with chefs from culinary hotspots such as Naples, Fla., and St. Louis, Mo., as well as with Jacques Pepin, culinary director of Oceania Cruises.
Beginning in June 2015, Cruising with the Chefs offers seven chef-centered culinary cruises aboard Oceania’s Marina and Riviera ships, offering in-depth culinary excursions and cooking classes in the ships’ Bon Appetit Culinary Centers.
The chefs and their groups of foodies will explore cuisines from:
- Rome to Monte Carlo (Lisa Boet, June 16-23)
- Venice to Barcelona (Charles Mereday, July 25-Aug. 5)
- Copenhagen to Stockholm (Josh Galliano, Aug. 14-21)
- Venice to Istanbul, (Brian Roland, Aug. 27-Sept. 7)
- Barcelona to Rome (Lou Rook, Sept. 14-24)
- Papeete to Bora Bora in the South Pacific (Gian Nicola Colucci, Jan. 26-Feb. 4, 2016)
Jacques Pepin, Oceania Cruises’ executive culinary director, is also included on Cruising with the Chefs’ 2015 lineup, He cruises from Lisbon to Rome, July 7-17, 2015, on his annual Oceania cruise.
Itinerary highlights include cooking classes with the guest chef and chef-led shore excursions with special entree to local markets and restaurants. At highlighted ports-of-call, chefs integrate local, fresh ingredients and indigenous culinary traditions in their classes and hosted meals. Personal time with the chefs at welcome and farewell receptions, as well as wine tastings, are other amenities of each Cruising with the Chefs experience.
For more information, visit www.CruisingwiththeChefs.com.