|Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony are receiving updates for the holiday season starting Dec. 21. // (c) 2011 Crystal Cruises.|
Crystal Cruises is updating its ships for the holidays with $100,000 worth of decorations. Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony are honoring Christmas, Chanukah, and New Year’s with festive trimmings, ranging from Victorian to modern. Dec. 21 voyages boast seasonal parties, dances, carols, menorah and tree lightings, musical productions, sessions with Santa, holiday movies, religious services and traditional feasts.
· Fantasy atriums-turned-forests, with Father Christmas driving reindeer through snow-covered trees with shimmering lights, red finches and berries adorning pine boughs
· Santa’s Bakery inside Bistro Cafés, with Chef Claus, large candy canes, teddy bears and dancing gingerbread cookies
· Victorian Christmas trees decorated with ribbons and baroque baubles
· A six-foot-tall, light-up menorah
· Hand-painted, jewel-covered and hand-blown glass ornaments
· Antique carousel horses wearing floral, crystal and beaded-tassel garlands
· Casino-dwelling, golden reindeer draped in pine jeweled harnesses encrusted with Christmas motifs
· Several six-foot nutcrackers in lounge areas
· Santa and his reindeer in the Avenue Saloon, sunning in Hawaii, and landing in the fireplace.