In 2011, Crystal Cruises will double its summer North Cape cruises with two departures cruising Norway's western coast, to the Polar Ice Cap and across the Arctic Circle.
The June 13th Wine & Food-themed cruise celebrates the summer solstice on June 21, officially the longest day of the year, when the sun stays above the horizon. Crystal Serenity's balconies, decks, and 360-degree promenade provide ideal locations to view the varying vistas.
From Copenhagen to Stockholm, calls in Hellysylt/Geiranger, Honningsvag, North Cape, Longyearbyen/Svalbard, Ålesund and Bergen take guests off any beaten path, including a trek across Longyearbyen Glacier, helicopter flight over "Queen of the Fjords" Hardangerfjord, and hike to Plateau Mountain (followed by refreshments at the 23-degree Artico Ice Bar).
A second North Cape cruise departing July 8 also makes a maiden call to Skjolden, Norway, en route to London. Voted World's Best more than any other cruise line, hotel or resort in history, special values for Crystal's 14-day North Cape cruises include:
* Per person promotional Two-for-One fares beginning at $9,230
* Up to $2,000 per couple Verandah and Penthouse savings
* Free round-trip air transportation from many U.S./Canadian cities
* $1,000 per person 'All Inclusive - As You Wish' shipboard spending credits
* Free Business Class with Penthouse accommodations
* Low Business Class air upgrades with Verandah and Deluxe Staterooms
* Crystal Family Memories bonus savings
* New Perfect Choice Dining with Open Dining by Reservation, and Crystal's
classic main and late seating options.