Heading towards the company’s 175th anniversary in 2015, Cunard Line is excited to announce its 2015-2016 Voyages Programme. The program includes 15 commemorative cruises and events that will pay homage to Cunard’s historical moments, as well as voyages in the Mediterranean.
The 2015-2016 Voyages Programme goes on sale 8 April 2014, with Pre-Registration beginning 20 March 2014, 6:00 a.m. PT (9:00 a.m. ET).
Cunard will kick off its anniversary with 15 sailings aboard the Line’s ships – flagship Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. To start these celebrations, all three Queens will meet in Southampton on May 3, 2015. This Cunard Royal Rendezvous will be followed by a “Liverpool Salute” with the presence of all three Queens together on 25 May at the Line’s birthplace – the first time the entire fleet will have been together on the River Mersey.
Voyage options corresponding to this event are:
Queen Mary 2
- Eastbound Transatlantic Crossing & British Isles, May 10, 2015 – 17 days, New York to Southampton. Fares start from $3,348.
- Grand Transatlantic Crossing & Liverpool Salute, May 10, 2015 – 24 days, roundtrip New York. Fares start from $4,497.
- British Isles & Liverpool Salute, May, 17 2015 – 10 days, roundtrip Southampton. Fares start from $2,199. A 17-day option includes a Westbound Transatlantic Crossing to New York. Fares starting from $3,348.
- Baltic & Tribute to Liverpool, May 11, 2015 – 16 days, roundtrip Southampton. Fares start from $3,499. An 18-day option departs May 9, 2015 from Hamburg. Fares start from $3,898.
- Liverpool Salute, May 22, 2015 – six days, roundtrip Southampton. Fares start from $1,199.
Queen Victoria will call at Cobh on May 7, 2015 to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of Lusitania – a journey that will include ceremonies at the town’s memorial to mark this date in Cunard’s history. A tribute will be paid to the Cunard men and 22 ships that were lost in the First World War. The seven-day Lusitania Remembered sailing departs roundtrip Southampton on May 3, 2015. Fares start from $1,399 per person.
The commemorations will continue in with The Original Transatlantic Crossing when Queen Mary 2 echoes the very first Crossing. For the 12-day, July 2, 2015 voyage departing from Southampton to New York, the flagship ship will leave Liverpool on July 4 – 175 years to the day after Cunard’s first ship, Britannia, began her journey – and will follow Britannia’s original route westbound to Halifax, then on to Boston. Fares for this voyage start from $2,599. Other Transatlantic Crossing options include:
- June 21, 2015 – 23 days, roundtrip New York; fares start from $4,798
- June 30, 2015 – 14 days, Hamburg to New York; fares start from $2,999
- July 2, 2015 – 20 days, roundtrip Southampton; fares start from $4,148
2015-16 Sailings Highlights
Additionally, Cunard’s three Queens will sail to the Mediterranean, Western Europe, the Caribbean and the Americas, visiting 96 ports in 35 different countries, including seven maiden calls.
Flagship Queen Mary 2 will continue sailing the Atlantic Ocean and will offer 20 seven- to nine-day Transatlantic Crossings throughout the year, including three which stop in Halifax, Nova Scotia; as well as six roundtrip New York Crossings ranging from 15 to 23 days.
Transatlantic Crossings aboard Queen Mary 2 run from January 2015 through January 2016, with fares starting from $1,199.
Other Queen Mary 2 highlights include new seven- and 14-day New England & Canada voyages; two Grand Voyages that each combine a Europe sailing with beginning and ending Transatlantic Crossings; a 12-day Holiday Caribbean sailing; and a variety of Northern Europe options. Season highlights include overnight stays in Liverpool and Québec, and one maiden port of call at Oban, Scotland.
Fares for the following Queen Mary 2 voyages start from:
- New England & Canada, Sept. 27, 2015 – seven days, New York to Quebec; $1,299. A 14-day option, roundtrip New York, is also available; $2,548
- Caribbean Celebration, Dec. 22, 2015 – 12 days, roundtrip New York; $2,399
Beginning in June through October 2015, Queen Victoria will embark on her first full Mediterranean season, visiting 32 ports of call spread across an array of seven-, 14- and 21-day cruises. There will be several one-way departures from Rome, Venice, Athens, Trieste or Istanbul, and a number of roundtrip voyages from Athens, Rome or Istanbul.
Queen Victoria will also offer three- to 24-day sailings from Southampton to the Western Mediterranean, Western Europe and the Atlantic Isles. Season highlights include overnight stays in Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Istanbul, Liverpool, Monte Carlo and Venice. Maiden ports of call will include Tangier, Rapallo, Zadar and Trieste.
Fares for the following Mediterranean voyages aboard Queen Victoria start from:
- Spain and Italy, May 28, 2015 – nine days, Southampton to Rome; $1,699
- Rome, Dubrovnik and Venice, June 6, 2015 – seven days, Rome to Venice; $1,049
- Istanbul, Monte Carlo and Rome, Oct. 10, 2015 – 14 days, Istanbul to Rome; $2,198.
Queen Elizabeth will spend most of the 2015-2016 season sailing in Europe roundtrip from Southampton, with options from Hamburg and Kiel also available. She will also offer an assortment of two- to 17-day cruises exploring Western Europe, the Baltic and Norwegian Fjords, and Central Mediterranean. New to the lineup this year is a 24-day Caribbean sailing roundtrip from Southampton. Other 2015 highlights include overnight stays in Monte Carlo, Amsterdam, Madeira and St. Petersburg, and maiden ports of call at St. Raphael, La Spezia and Horta.
Fares for the following Queen Elizabeth voyages start from:
- Spain and Italy, June 16, 2015 – 14 days, roundtrip Southampton; $2,799
- Baltic Highlights, Aug. 9, 2015 – 14 days, roundtrip Southampton; $3,199
- The Fjords, Aug. 23, 2015 – seven days, roundtrip Southampton; $1,599
All fares quoted are per person, based on double occupancy.
Guests will have the opportunity to extend their stay by adding pre- and post-embarkation hotel nights in a number of ports. The 2015-2016 hotel and tour programme offers a well-rounded international experience for all who sail with Cunard’s fleet.
World Club members can book starting at Midnight PT on 8 April 2014, and enjoy additional savings of 5 percent off Launch fares, available for passengers who book by Aug. 31, 2014. This offer does not apply to third- and fourth-berth passengers.
For more information, visit www.cunard.com.