Cunard previewed the line’s new 2014 cruise program, with increased presence in the Mediterranean, Transatlantic Crossings and celebratory events marking the 10th birthday of flagship Queen Mary 2.
The new program commences in Spring 2014 following the return of Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth from their 2014 World Voyages.
Full Season for Queen Elizabeth in the Mediterranean:
- Departures from June to December 2014 in the Mediterranean:
- Choice of seven-, 14- or 21-day durations, with departures from Venice, Rome and Athens; seven-day itineraries can be combined to suit individual preference
- Over 70 departure combinations available
- Destinations rich in content, with 25 different ports visiting a mix of famous cities, iconic sights and intimate islands, including overnight stays in Istanbul and Venice
- Maiden calls at seven ports, including Elba, Kotor (Montenegro), Bodrum (Turkey), Volos (Greece) and Palermo (Sicily)
Queen Mary 2 North America Sailings
- Fourth of July Getaway cruise with Boston fireworks
- Dec. 22: 12-night Caribbean Fiesta Christmas and New Year celebration sailing
- Two 12-night Fall Colours cruises to Canada and New England
New Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossings
Queen Mary 2 will undertake 18 Crossings between Southampton and New York during 2014, including:
- Two, eight-night Crossings via Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada) to celebrate Cunard’s Transatlantic heritage – Halifax was originally the line’s east coast port of call – and to honour the birthplace of company founder Samuel Cunard
- Two “Birthday Crossings” to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Queen Mary 2 – which will include a host of special events and celebrations – from Southampton to New York on May 9, and New York to Southampton on May 16
- Three Queens event in Southampton on 9 May to celebrate the 10th Anniversary
- Ten Crossings between Hamburg and New York, featuring two-night escorted tours of Hamburg and Berlin
The Best of Europe with Queen Victoria and Queen Mary 2
- Queen Victoria will sail a Round Britain cruise with a call at Liverpool timed to coincide with the 100th Anniversary of the first sailing of Cunard’s Aquitania on May 30.
- Queen Mary 2 will offer Northern Europe sailings from Hamburg to appeal to the German and North American markets.
- Queen Victoria will feature maiden calls to six ports including, Invergordon, Skagen (Denmark), Mytilene (Greece) and St. Tropez.
Cunard’s 2014 Voyage Progam goes on sale worldwide on April 9. Full details, including itinerary information and fares, will be released in each market over the next two weeks.
For more information, visit www.cunard.com.