Hurricane Dorian has moved past the Bahamas, leaving destruction in its wake and is now off the northeastern coast of Florida heading towards Georgia and the Carolinas. However, numerous Caribbean cruises still have altered itineraries. Here’s the latest:
Carnival Cruise Line
PortMiami, Port Canaveral and Jacksonville all remain under watch; the first remains open while the latter two are closed.
Affected departed voyages include:
- Carnival Liberty (August 30)
- Carnival Victory (August 30 and September 2)
- Carnival Breeze (August 31)
- Carnival Conquest (August 31)
- Carnival Ecstasy (August 31 and September 5)
- Carnival Sensation (August 31)
- Carnival Miracle (September 1)
- Carnival Pride (September 1)
- Carnival Horizon (September 1)
- Carnival Sunshine (September 2)
- Carnival Elation (September 2)
Carnival Liberty (September 2) has been cancelled. Guests will receive a full refund of their cruise fare and any pre-purchased items.
Visit help.carnival.com for more details.
Norwegian Cruise Line
Due to the storm, the following itineraries have been modified:
- Norwegian Breakaway (August 25 and September 1)
- Norwegian Sun (August 29 and September 2 and 7)
- Norwegian Sky (August 31 and September 5))
- Norwegian Gem (August 30 and September 6)
- Norwegian Escape (September 1 and 8)
“We are closely monitoring the storm and will communicate any additional itinerary modifications as needed,” a spokesperson for Norwegian Cruise Linesaid.
Get the updates at www.ncl.com.
CocoCay was closed on Wednesday, August 28 with plans to reopen today, September 4, but Royal Caribbean says it is still assessing the damage and has not reopened the private island destination. Members of the team are headed to the island today with plans to reopen on Saturday, September 7.
Royal Caribbean adds that the port in Nassau, Bahamas and Port Everglades are both open and ready for guests.
The following itineraries are affected:
- Adventure of the Seas (September 6)
- Allure of the Seas (August 25 and September 1)
- Anthem of the Seas (September 7)
- Empress of the Seas (August 24 and September 1)
- Grandeur of the Seas (September 5)
- Harmony of the Seas (August 25 and September 1)
- Majesty of the Seas (August 28 and September 2)
- Mariner of the Seas (August 26 and 30)
- Navigator of the Seas (August 26 and 30 and September 2)
- Symphony of the Seas (August 24 and 31 and September 3)
Get the details at www.royalcaribbean.com.
Disney Cruise Line
The most recent updates from Disney Cruise Line include:
- Disney Dream’s current sailing
- Disney Dream’s September 2 sailing was changed to September 4
- Disney Dream’s September 6 and Disney Fantasy on September 7 are expected to sail as planned
Additionally, Disney says that “all it well at Castaway Cay.” The cruise line says the island needs cleaning up related to landscaping and minor repairs to the roof of one small pavilion. Disney did not offer an expected reopening date.
Learn more at disneycruise.disney.go.com.
Good to know: Major travel companies including Carnival Corporation, Royal Caribbean and the Walt Disney Company have pledged to aid relief efforts in the Bahamas after the devastating passage of Hurricane Dorian.