|The MSC Book announcement at this year's cruise3sixty|
MSC Cruises has announced that it is preparing to launch MSC Book – a completely new booking engine for travel agents.
“As MSC Cruises continues to grow in North America, it’s critical that we provide our valued travel agent partners with the tools they need to efficiently do business with us,” said Ken Muskat, executive vice president of sales, PR, and guest services for MSC Cruises. “MSC Book is being designed with travel agent’s booking needs in mind, with the ultimate goal of enhancing the end-user experience and making the booking process as quick and simple as possible.”
MSC Book is designed to have a clean and modern look and feel.
The top 10 highlights of MSC’s new booking engine, which will go live in June, include:
1. Book a cruise in four steps, including selecting cruise and stateroom – with the ability to select up to five staterooms; – finding flights and hotels; adding pre-paid special services such as spa, shore excursions, specialty dining and beverage packages; and check out.
2. Save client’s itineraries as favorites so that they can quickly be viewed later.
3. Receive a quick quote or quick option at any point during the booking process.
4. Quickly find the best cruise options using search by price range, destination, departure date or embarkation port. Users can also search for a client’s MSC Club loyalty status by name or MSC Club number.
5. Compare prices, dates, itineraries and any additional items included in the price for up to three cruises on a single page and print or email to clients.
6. Select staterooms via an interactive deck plan which allows travel agents to browse by deck and position of the stateroom and quickly see stateroom availability for the category selected.
7. View stateroom photos and layouts as well as detailed descriptions and videos of the 12 ships in MSC’s fleet.
8. Request a group directly from MSC Book and then use the booking engine to manage the group.
9. Send or print customer booking confirmations and e-tickets.
10. Read commission and other accounting reports on a new and improved dashboard.
MSC True Partnerships “Serving You” 2015 Roadshows
As part of the company’s “Serving You” initiatives, MSC Cruises will once again be conducting a series of roadshows across the U.S. The roadshows will focus on training travel agents on MSC Book, as well as providing company updates and an opportunity to engage the agency community in a two-way dialogue.
The series of 18 roadshows, which are scheduled between June and September 2015, will take place in the following cities:
Chicago (Schaumburg), IL
Detroit (Troy), MI
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Nassau County (Long Island), NY
New Brunswick, NJ
West Palm Beach, FL
For more information on MSC Book, visit: msccruisesagent.com/msc-book/.