MSC Cruises announced that bookings for MSC Grandiosa’s maiden voyage are now open exclusively for MSC Voyagers Club members through October 21. During this period, members will not only have the first selection of staterooms, but also receive a special five percent discount on top of their five percent loyalty discount. Sales will open for all other guests on October 22, 2018.
Launching in November 2019, MSC Grandiosa will become the company’s newest flagship. The mega ship is currently under construction at the Chantiers de l'Atlantique (formerly, STX France) in Saint-Nazaire, France, and will be the first of two Meraviglia-Plus class ships to launch.
Departing on November 10, 2019, MSC Grandiosa will sail an itinerary through Northern Europe as well as the Mediterranean. Guests who will be the first to experience this cruise ship can choose from a 10 or 13-night sailing, embarking in Hamburg and disembarking in Genoa, Italy or Marseille, France. MSC Grandiosa will also call Southampton, UK, Lisbon, Portugal and Barcelona, Spain. With an overnight stay in each port, guests will have more time to fully immerse themselves in each of the destinations.
The MSC Cruises Meraviglia generation of ships — which includes the MSC Meraviglia and MSC Bellissima, launching in March 2019 — is just one of the three new prototypes designed by MSC Cruises. MSC Grandiosa will offer even more public space to enjoy the unique ship, new dining options and the longest Mediterranean-style promenade at sea and LED sky screen, among other soon-to-be-announced features.
MSC Grandiosa will be the third MSC Cruises’ ship to offer two brand new shows from Cirque du Soleil at Sea, which will be original productions not seen anywhere else in the world. Cirque du Soleil at Sea is part of an exclusive partnership between MSC Cruises and Cirque du Soleil. The partnership will result in a total of eight original shows, with two on each MSC Cruises’ four Meraviglia and Meraviglia-plus class ships.
Other MSC Grandiosa highlights include:
- MSC Cruises’ ship-within-a-ship concept, the MSC Yacht Club, will continue to offer cruise guests a luxurious stay with key features such as private amenities like the Top Sail lounge, One Pool Deck, and private restaurant as well as 24-hour butler and concierge service.
- Restaurant options on board include a choice of at least 12 different dining venues, ranging from internationally-inspired specialty restaurants to the buffet. Plus, a new restaurant concept will be introduced on the Promenade exclusively for MSC Aurea experience guests.
- New family activities and entertainment. The DOREMI Lab will offer new themes each day, while the DOREMI Studio Lounge focuses on allowing children to have fun through the magic of music. These concepts ensure that children of every age will have something to experience.
- An authentic Balinese Spa onboard, offering MSC Cruises guests a choice of wellness and beauty treatments. The MSC Aurea Spa showcases an exotic interior of natural stone, woods and mosaics, and is equipped with massage and treatment suites, hair and beauty salons and a thermal area.
- A variety of on board entertainment options including a Broadway-style theater, a casino, a sportsplex, full-sized bowling lanes, a Sports’ Bar, F1 simulators and a virtual gaming arcade.
- MSC Grandiosa will be the second ship to showcase the Zoe – the first cruise digital assistant, designed to provide the guest with a simple and stress-free way to find out information in the comfort of the cabin. Available in seven languages, this service is the evolution of MSC Cruises’ digital program MSC For Me designed to connect guests with their cruise experience.
MSC Grandiosa will be christened in Hamburg on November 9, 2019 and will make the maiden voyage to her new home port of Genoa, where she will begin seven-night sailings in the Mediterranean from Genoa starting on November 23, 2019. Seven-night itineraries in the Western Mediterranean six historic destinations: Genoa, Civitavecchia, Palermo, Valletta, Barcelona and Marseille.
While in port, guests can enjoy a variety of shore activities, designed for different types of travelers from families to adventurous couples, allowing an immersive discovery of each destination’s culture and history.
For more information, visit www.msccruisesusa.com.