SeaDream Yacht Club has announced its 2020 Mediterranean season. SeaDream’s “mega-yachts” will explore ports of call in the French and Italian Riviera, Greek isles, Spanish coast and Adriatic Sea. The voyages include new ports of call and yachting land adventures as well as more overnight stays in select locations.
SeaDream I and SeaDream II will return to popular ports in the Mediterranean and incorporate new, lesser known destinations. The 2020 itineraries include more stops in Greece and ports in the Adriatic Sea than previous years. Back by popular demand, SeaDream will return to Kusadasi, Turkey, where guests can attend an evening concert at Ephesus, a UNESCO world heritage site. Additionally, nearly every voyage will provide at least one overnight stay to give guests time to explore each destination.
2020 Highlights: New Ports of Call
- Ikaria, Greece: Best known as one of the world’s five “Blue Zones,” where locals enjoy longevity and good health, Ikaria is often recognized as the best Greek island for nature lovers. Guests can explore the island’s nature while learning wellness secrets from the locals.
- Vis, Croatia: Vis is home to picturesque beaches and was prominently shown in 2018’s “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again."
- Santa Maria di Leuca, Italy: Located on the southernmost tip of the Salento peninsula, the “heel” of Italy’s “boot,” Santa Maria di Leuca is home to notable geological formations and iconic landmarks.
- Koper, Slovenia:The historical coastal town of Koper is home to one of Slovenia’s largest cathedrals as well as architecture from various stylistic periods. Travelers can enjoy sightseeing as they travel through Koper’s narrow streets and experience the medieval town’s history, culture and architecture.
- Valletta, Malta: Filled with history and cultural significance, Valletta will serve as a new embark and disembark port for SeaDream. The Malta capital city is recognized as one of the most concentrated historic areas in the world and has been described as an open-air museum. Additionally, for the first time, SeaDream will visit Xlendi Bay in the island of Gozo, a popular swimming and snorkeling spot in the Maltese archipelago.
The season’s schedule will offer opportunities for guests to combine back-to-back voyages and never visit the same port of call twice. Wine voyages and grand voyages will be announced at a later date.
Prior to making its way to the Mediterranean, SeaDream Yacht Club will kick off 2020 in the Caribbean. The Caribbean voyages will highlight the region’s beaches as well as deliver itineraries with Cuba as a sole destination.
The Cuba Voyage Collection will showcase the nation’s history and culture as SeaDream II brings guests to some of Cuba’s most popular areas, including Punta Frances Marine National Park in Isla de Juventud and the natural landscapes of Maria la Gorda. The Cuba voyages will depart from Havana or Cienfuegos and explore the western side of the island, making stops at up to six different ports within the country. Aboard the ship, guests will have the opportunity to continue to immerse themselves in Cuban culture and enjoy cuisine inspired by the island.
For more information, visit seadream.com.
This article originally appeared on https://www.luxurytraveladvisor.com.