Following a three-week dry dock, Norwegian Cruise Line's Norwegian Jade has returned to its Tampa seasonal homeport following a major renovation project. The ship received enhancements to every part of the onboard experience, including two new restaurants, two new bars and lounges, updated design and decor in several public spaces, and a refurbishment of all staterooms. The renovation is part of The Norwegian Edge, a fleet-wide investment program announced early last year.
Norwegian Jade returns from drydock ahead of its summer season, the brand's first-ever complete season sailing from Hamburg, Germany, to the Norwegian Fjords, with embarkation also available in the United Kingdom. Guests aboard can now enjoy two new restaurants, as well as redesigned spaces in the ship's existing restaurants.
Norwegian Jade is currently sailing the final part of its winter season, cruising from Tampa to the western Caribbean. On April 30, the ship will journey across the Atlantic to its summer homeports of Southampton and Hamburg, where it will sail the Norwegian Fjords, as well as Norway and North Cape itineraries.
- Norwegian's 24-hour neighborhood pub-style restaurant, O'Sheehan's Bar & Grill, has been added to deck eight. The new venue has modern flooring, refurbished front and back bars and new banquet seating.
- The Pit Stop, a new dining concept for Norwegian Jade, will serve poolside fare in a 1950's style diner atmosphere
- Moderno Churrascaria has moved to deck 13 and now offers floor-to-ceiling windows and upgraded furniture
- Cagney's Steakhouse has added additional seating to the refurbished space, which includes new flooring, a new color scheme and a virtual fireplace
- The new Bliss Ultra Lounge aims to give guests the feel of a Miami nightclub on deck seven
- The new Sugarcane Mojito Grill offers traditional mojitos and mojito flights
- New TechnoGym fitness equipment and rubber flooring
- All staterooms were enhanced during the renovation, receiving all new carpets, furniture, flat screen TV's, larger headboards with USB charging outlets and more than 2000 new pieces of artwork.