Oceania Cruises will offer a series of rum and whisky programs across its fleet in 2023. The experiences will include an extensive collection of The Macallan’s expressions via The Macallan bar cart, a flight program, chocolate pairings and more, while Brugal 1888 Doblemente Añejado rum will be highlighted in a new mixology class and a selection of newly crafted ice cream cocktails.
“These new rum and whisky programs come on the heels of the recently announced elevated bar program aboard Vista, debuting May 20, 2023,” said Daniela Oancea, corporate beverage manager of Oceania Cruises. “Across the fleet we have been working on a number of innovative concepts tapping into current mixology trends that will modernize and enhance our sailings. We know this partnership with Edrington spirits company will be an exciting addition on board.”
Leaning into the popularity of The Macallan’s single malt whiskies on board, Oceania Cruises is launching a series of experiences:
- “The Macallan Diamond Bar Cart” will feature iconic expressions alongside exclusive offerings such as The Macallan Smoker, which brings theater and ritual to smoking cocktails by utilizing flavor blasters to infuse the drink.
- “The Macallan Flight Program” is an opportunity for guests to gain an understanding of the unique, complex flavors of The Macallan, available in group or individual tasting experiences.
- “The Macallan Chocolate Pairing” will be a pairing of guests’ choices, including Macallan Quest & Milk Chocolate, Macallan Lumina & Chocolate Truffles with Fruit, Macallan Terra & White Chocolate, and Macallan Enigma & Dark Chocolate.
The Edrington partnership also brings aboard entertaining and educational mixology experiences featuring Brugal 1888 Doblemente Añejado rum. Options include:
- “Brugal Rum & Tea at Sea” will teach guests about the history of pairing rum and tea since the 17th century while providing them a hands-on mixology experience to mix, match and taste-test a series of complementary flavors. A number of tea pairings—from aperitivo-style pre-meal cocktails to highball light and sparkling cocktails—will also be available.
- “Nearly Neat Serving Cart with Brugal 1888” is a concept designed to bring a sophisticated alternative to traditional cocktails with a Nearly Neat menu featuring Brugal 1888 in The Chocolate Orange, The Night Cap, The Solstice and The Reviver.
- “Ice Cream and Brugal Cocktails” will be available at pools, restaurants and lounges. This latest trend in specialty cocktails brings a sweet twist to popular favorites such as an espresso martini, caramel milkshake and Aperol spritz.
The new fleetwide Macallan and Brugal offerings are in addition to the bar program aboard the 1,200-guest Vista debuting May 20, 2023. Vista, the first of the brand’s Allura-class ships, will feature the latest cocktail-crafting trends and techniques such as flavored smoke bubbles, a selection of low- and no-sugar wines, and zero-proof cocktails, plus Negronis aged in wooden barrels and specialty beverage carts like the Bubbly Bar and Ultimate Bloody Mary Bar. Guests will also be able to partake in pairing experiences including a Moët & Chandon champagne three-course pairing, sommelier-guided lunches with wine pairings, and the Oceania Cruises Dom Pérignon experience, alongside a six-course tasting menu.
For more information, visit www.oceaniacruises.com.