Plan a Cruise Month is officially upon us, and that means deals, deals, and more deals. The Plan a Cruise campaign, started by Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), was initiated so that travelers could learn about, plan, and take a cruise vacation more easily and efficiently.
The movement ushers in an industry-wide lineup of exclusive deals and promotions to popular destinations across the globe. Here is the list of special "Plan a Cruise Month" deals being offered by prominent cruise lines all over the world:
Holland America Line
Holland America Line has announced two premium offers for this month:
- On-board spending money for 2017-2018 Caribbean cruise bookings
- Additional on-board spending money for all Explore 4 promotion bookings covering several cruise destinations in 2018 and 2019.
For the second offer, travelers booking on the select 2018 and 2019 cruises will receive up to $400, depending on the length of the voyage and the type of stateroom booked. This can be combined with the cruise line’s Explore 4 promotion that provides four added-value extras on select March 2018 through April 2019 cruises.
In addition to the Explore 4 promotion and the plan a cruise spending money, suite bookings will also receive $200 on-board spending money per stateroom, making it possible to receive a total of up to $600 on-board spending money.
Guests looking to take advantage of the savings can choose itineraries to almost all of Holland America Line’s global destinations. For more information, visit www.hollandamerica.com.
By ocean or river, if guests book an “All Exclusive” Crystal cruise in October 2017 they will receive a $100 per guest shipboard credit on a collection of worldwide 2018 voyages ranging from 7-24 days.
Cruise ship destinations include locations in Northern Europe, Southeast Asia, and Australia, and the cruise line’s river voyages sail along the Danube, Rhine, Main, and Moselle rivers.
For more, visit CrystalCruises.com.
AmaWaterways will offer savings of up to $1,500 per stateroom plus free pre-paid gratuities to guests booking select Europe and Asia cruises throughout October.
The offer is valid on select 2017 holiday cruises and 2018 Europe and Asia sailings, excluding Portugal and wine cruises. Guests must book the trip by Oct. 31 and mention the promo code “CLIA17” to receive the benefits.
Guests who take advantage of this offer on European ships will get additional savings along with a number of included biking or hiking excursions, award-winning cuisine, and complimentary wine, beer, and soft drinks during lunch and dinner.
For more, visit http://www.amawaterways.com/
Expedia is offering travelers promotions on many cruise lines this month:
- Carnival 1-Week Sale: Ends Oct. 8 – Free cabin upgrades, plus $50 on board credit
- Norwegian Free at Sea + Dash Sale: Ends Oct. 9 – Choose up to five free offers, plus get up to $1000 to spend on board.
- Royal Caribbean 100 Hour Sale: Ends Oct. 10 – 50 percent off the 2nd guest, up to $200 instant savings, and up to $150 onboard credit.
- Win 1 of 5 Free Cruises: Sept. 1-Oct. 31 – Enter for your chance to win one of five free cruises on Norwegian Cruise Line.
- World Explorers Sale: Oct. 5-25 – From Asia to Europe, book destinations all over the world from Oct. 5-25 and get Expedia Extras like free drinks, up to $600 onboard cash credit, or up to $1000 savings in onboard coupons.
- Disney Cruises: Oct. 1-31 – Get a $100 onboard credit.
- Holland America Line Exclusive Sale: Oct. 1-31 – Get up to $150 to spend onboard 2017 Caribbean cruises.
To book your trip, visit https://www.expedia.com/Cruises.
Azamara Club Cruises – The Double Upgrade Deal
- The Double Upgrade- Guests can book a Club Veranda Stateroom at Club Interior Stateroom prices, meaning they can get outside views for the lower price of an interior room.
- Guests booking a Club Interior room on select 2018 and 2019 voyages will automatically be upgraded to a Club Veranda Stateroom.
- Offer can be combined with onboard savings, reduced single supplements and the early booking bonus.
This deal is applicable for bookings now through November 30, 2017, on one of three featured voyages. The voyages are:
- 10 Night Islands of the Western Med, aboard the Azamara Quest – June 2018: After starting the voyage with a visit to St. Peter’s Basilica, guests go island hopping around the Mediterranean. The itinerary includes an overnight stay on the island of Malta and a sail down the canal into the city of Mahon, which is only accessible to smaller ships.
- 11 Night Cities of Northern Europe, aboard the Azamara Journey – August 2018: Take an urban voyage throughout Northern Europe, visiting cities like Aarhus, Denmark and Oslo, Norway that offer a gorgeous blend of old-world charm and modern ingenuity.
- 10 Night Circle Cuba Voyage, aboard the Azamara Journey – November 2018: Travel from one end of the island of Cuba to the other, taking in the vibrant culture- like the Afro-Cuban heritage and art deco architecture- before spending a day in the Cayman islands. Follow that with an overnight stay in Cozumel, Mexico.
Windstar Cruises is doing a special for the month around their new Star Collector Voyages. With nearly 70 dates to choose from, guests can book any sailing of 14 days or more and receive a per person shipboard credit. The value of the credit will depend on the length of the voyage:
- 14-21 days - $400 per person
- 22-29 days - $600 per person
- 30+ days - $1,000 per person
For Plan a Cruise Month, Windstar is offering agents an additional $25 for every booking made online now through October 31.
The list of the 14+ day voyages can be found here: https://www.windstarcruises.com/destinations/star-collector-voyages/.
Paul Gauguin Cruises
Those who book a 2017 or 2018 sailing aboard The Gaugin during “Plan a Cruise Month” will receive $100 per-person Shipboard Credit. The credit can be used to enjoy a spa treatment in Deep Nature Spa, buy a souvenir in La Boutique, or book a shore excursion aboard.
The cruise line is also offering savings of 50 percent off standard all-inclusive cruise fares on all voyages, with airfare from Los Angeles included. The booking period for this deal has been extended to Nov. 11, 2017, giving travelers a greater opportunity to take advantage.
For more, visit http://www.pgcruises.com/promotions.
MSC Cruises is celebrating the month by offering travelers deals until October 31 that include lower rates, bonus perks, and free amenities for select cruises. Plus, kids 11 and under sail free on select voyages as well.
MSC Cruises Two for One Plus Caribbean Deal: Guests can enjoy half off 7+ night sailings in the Caribbean between December 2017 and March 2019 on the MSC Divina and MSC Seaside. Cruisers get $50-$150 on board credit and free Wi-Fi and drink packages.
Sample itineraries for sailings on Seaside and Divina include:
- MSC Seaside: December 23, 2017 - Guests can experience the first seven-night Caribbean sailing of the MSC Seaside, departing for the first time from Miami with ports of call in St John’s, Antigua and Barbuda; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Nassau, Bahamas. Prices start at $958 per person.
- MSC Seaside: January 27, 2018 - Seven-night cruise departing from Miami with ports of call in Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Georgetown, Cayman Islands; and Cozumel, Mexico. Prices start at $589 per person.
- MSC Divina: February 15, 2018 - 11-night cruise departing from Miami with ports of call in Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe; Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis; Fort de France, Martinique; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Bridgetown, Barbados; and Freeport, Grand Bahama. Prices start at $829 per person.
MSC Cruises Two for One Mediterranean, Northern Europe and United Arab Emirates Cruise Deals: Cruisers can save 50 percent off brochure rates, and reduced deposits of $99 for all Mediterranean, Northern Europe and United Arab Emirates sailings.
Mediterranean: 50 percent savings apply to all sailings between November 2017 to November 2018, including MSC Cruises newest ships- the MSC Meraviglia and MSC Seaview- as well as MSC Orchestra, MSC Divina, MSC Fantasia, MSC Musica, MSC Opera, MSC Poesia, and MSC Sinfonia.
Sample itineraries include:
- MSC Meraviglia: January 19, 2018 - Seven-night cruise departing from Barcelona with ports of call in Marseille, France; Genoa, Italy; Civitavecchia, Italy; Palermo, Italy; and Valletta, Malta. Prices start at $439 per person.
- MSC Seaview: June 17, 2018 - Seven-night cruise on MSC Cruises’ newest Seaside-class ship, arriving June 2018, departing from Genoa, Italy, with ports of call in Naples, Italy; Messina, Italy; Valletta, Malta; Barcelona, Spain; and Marseille, France. Prices start at $908 per person.
Northern Europe: Sailings from March 2018 through October 2018 are eligible for half off, including MSC Meraviglia, MSC Magnifica, MSC Orchestra, and MSC Preziosa.
Sample itineraries include:
- MSC Meraviglia: May 20, 2018 - 11-night cruise departing from Hamburg, Germany with ports of call in Kirkwall, United Kingdom; Akureyri, Iceland; Isafjordur, Iceland; Reykjavik, Iceland; and Invergordon, United Kingdom. Prices start at $1,329 per person.
- MSC Magnifica: April 23, 2018 - Seven-night cruise departing from Southampton, United Kingdom, with ports of call in Le Havre, France; Zeebrugge, Belgium; Amsterdam, Netherlands; and Hamburg, Germany. Prices start at $429 per person.
United Arab Emirates: Cruises to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sir Bani Yas Island Beach Oasis are also reduced by 50 percent between December 2017 and March 2019 on the MSC Splendida.
Sample itineraries include:
- MSC Splendida: February 3, 2018 - Seven-night cruise departing from Dubai with ports of call in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Sir Bani Yas Island, United Arab Emirates; Muscat, Oman; and Khor al Fakkan, United Arab Emirates. Prices start at $499 per person.
- MSC Splendida: February 10, 2018 - Seven-night cruise departing from Dubai with ports of call in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Sir Bani Yas Island, United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; and Doha, Qatar. Prices start at $499 per person.
For more, visit here.
The California-based cruise line Princess Cruises has three deals to offer for Plan a Cruise Month.
The Great Escapes Sale: For select cruises sailing fall 2017 to spring 2018, guests can save up to $1,000 per stateroom, plus reduced fares for third and fourth guests. The cruises included sail to popular destinations like the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Mexico.
3 for Free: Enjoy a free stateroom location upgrade, free gratuities, and free onboard spending money of up to $150 per guest on select cruises sailing summer 2018 to summer 2019. The amount of spending money is determined by the length of the cruise.
Last Minute Cruise Deals: For guests ready to book a trip and go right now, Princess Cruises has special deals for them. Guests that book at the last minute can save on featured cruises that travel all over the world; the amount of savings depends on the length of the trip and the destination.
You can book today at https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/.
SeaDream Yacht Club
SeaDream Yacht Club has announced it is participating in Plan a Cruise Month by offering Individual Travel Agent Members of CLIA a $300 per stateroom SPA Credit on any new individual bookings with itineraries of six nights or longer.
The new bookings must be made between October 1 and October 31, 2017 online at www.seadream.com.
Carnival Cruise Line
If guests book between October 2 and October 31, 2017, Carnival Cruise Line will be offering discounted rates and $50 on board credit per stateroom on sailings departing between now and December 2018.
Lead rates start at $269 for 2-5 day voyages and $549 for 6+ day voyages. Plus, if guests book by October 8, they will receive a free two category upgrade as an added bonus.
Learn more at https://www.goccl.com/.
Cunard is offering its Three for All promotion, which features:
- Up to 30 percent savings off Launch Fares
- Up to $1,000 on board credit per stateroom
- Free alternative dining credit
- Free gratuities for guests on Mediterranean voyages
The promotion is available on select cruise itineraries on the Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth, and Queen Victoria. The itineraries include Transatlantic Crossings, Caribbean, Mediterranean, European, and New England and Canada voyages.
Bookings must be made by November 30, 2017. For more, visit http://www.cunard.com/cruise-deals/sale/.
Royal Caribbean International
Through October 31, travelers who book can get 50 percent off cruise fare of the second guest booked in the same stateroom. As an added bonus, kids 12 and younger can sail free on select sailings if they are the third and fourth guests in the booking.
An early booking bonus of up to $1,000 onboard credit is also available for guests that book their trip at least six months ahead of their sailing.
Visit https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-deals for more.