Nearly 20 years after its debut on the Grand Princess in 1998, Princess Cruises has unveiled a fleetwide enhancement to its signature restaurant Sabatini's Italian Trattoria.
In collaboration with Chef Angelo Auriana, the enhancements include a new design and menu offering antipasti and handmade pasta dishes from Chef Auriana, as well as family recipes curated from Italian Princess executive chefs across the fleet. The transformed Sabatini's Italian Trattoria debuts aboard Caribbean Princess following a multi-million dollar drydock. The Sabatini locations on Caribbean Princess and Grand Princess will offer the new menu this April and debut across the entire fleet in the coming months.
Chef Auriana, Exceutive Chef and partner at The Factory Kitchen and Officine BRERA, in Los Angeles, relies on using old world grains and non-traditional ingredients - like mint and marjoram - in his dishes.
New offerings include:
- Picagge - marjoram-infused long pasta, white prawns, clams, artichoke pesto, ligurian olive oil
- Tortelloni - mint-speckled pasta, roasted lamb, pecorino crosta nera, cacio e pepe sauce, broccoli rabe
- Pappardelle - wide ribbon pasta, celeriac, nebbiolo-braised beef cheek
- Risotto - vialone nano rice, beets dolce latte, gorgonzola, pistachios
- Torchietti - whole wheat pasta, foraged mushrooms, rosemary oil
Additional family recipes are offered on the new menu including:
- Roman Seafood al Cartoccio - grouper, shrimp, black mussels, scallops, potato, artichoke
- Porchetta - rolled pork belly toscana, fennel seeds, potatoes, spinach, roasted tomato
- Breaded Veal Vallet - majoram roasted potatoes and artichokes, sun-dried tomato, provolone
The re-envisioned Sabatini's Italian Trattoria boasts a new interior design concept with contemporary and rustic accents. Sabatini's will also soon offer pasta making classes for all guests.