Princess Cruises has announced the expansion of its Princess MedallionClass experience to three additional ships – Royal Princess, Crown Princess and Sky Princess. Currently, the wearable device-powered platform is available on the Caribbean Princess ship sailing the Caribbean, and with Regal Princess starting February 17, 2019. The OceanMedallion, included complimentary, is a wearable device that elevates the guest experience by delivering an enhanced level of personalization and guest services.
With the Princess MedallionClass experience coming to Crown Princess in July and Sky Princess in October, all guests sailing with the brand in the Caribbean will be able to enjoy the new platform by the end of 2019. The addition of Royal Princess will also be the first time a Princess MedallionClass ship will be sailing in Alaska.
Recently honored with a CES 2019 Innovation Award, the OceanMedallion incorporates technology that delivers personalized service through enhanced guest-crew interactions, eliminates friction points and enables interactive entertainment.
Princess MedallionClass vacations offer guests a portfolio of experiences specifically designed to enhance their cruise vacation, including:
- Enhanced check-in - guests who arrive at the terminal with travel documents (i.e. passports) uploaded to their profile have a personalized check-in process that aims to start their vacation with ease. Personalization starts pre-cruise by guests becoming OceanReady while at home.
- Powerful Wi-Fi at sea: MedallionNet is fast, reliable, affordable and unlimited. MedallionNet provides land-like speeds that allow guests to stay connected from anywhere on the ship, Princess said, including staterooms which are each equipped with a Wi-Fi access point. With MedallionNet guests easily share vacation experiences with friends and family back home, stream TV shows, movies and sports events, and even make voice and video calls.
- On demand beverage delivery: Using smart devices, guests have the ability to order drinks using OceanNow and have them delivered directly to them throughout the ship and even in their stateroom.
Other key features of the Princess MedallionClass experience include:
- Hands-Free Keyless Stateroom Entry: Access to staterooms is a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated as the door automatically unlocks. Personalized greetings including loyalty level recognition welcome the guest on their door portal.
- OceanCompass: Available on guests' smart devices and portals throughout the ships, OceanCompass leverages the OceanMedallion to enable point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship. OceanCompass guides guests throughout their journey, providing directional information so they can seamlessly navigate to their next point of interest, as well as easily locate and chat with friends and family on board using ShipMates.
- JourneyView: Available now on ship portals and coming soon to smart devices, this interactive timeline lets guests scroll through all of the events available on board during their voyage. Functionality will also soon give guests the ability to bookmark and add activities that appeal most to them to their own personalized itinerary.
- MedallionPay: An easy to use payment feature, enabling crew members to focus on meaningful guest interactions.
- OceanCasino: On smart devices and select portals, guests can wager real money on games, including slots, poker, bingo, roulette, keno and lottery from anywhere on board.
- PlayOcean: On portals located shipwide and using smart devices, PlayOcean offers guests a new level of fun with interactive games, a digital scavenger hunt, customizable avatars, and more. PlayOcean also transforms guests' mobile devices into game controllers for interactive gaming on the Movies Under the Stars screen.
- OceanView: Guests can stream more than 100 hours of award-winning Ocean Original travel shows to their smart device anywhere on the ship at no cost – content which airs nationally on weekends on ABC and NBC. OceanView is also available on stateroom TVs as well as on Roku, Amazon Prime and Apple TV.
Princess MedallionClass uses an Experience Internet of Things (xIoT) platform with a guest-centric approach to help maximize a cruise vacation in real-time based on guests' choices and preferences. The result delivers enhanced personalization on a large scale across every aspect of a cruise vacation, the cruise line said.
The OceanMedallion was first unveiled by Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald at CES 2017 and was a key factor in Fast Company recognizing the corporation with two Innovation and Design Awards that same year.