As Broadway is focused on the 2014 Tony Award nominees, Regent Seven Seas Cruises introduced 12 new productions exclusively for Seven Seas Voyager, Seven Seas Mariner and Seven Seas Navigator.
All shows utilize a newly installed, full-stage LED video wall to help visually transport guests to such locales as the Moulin Rouge or to the set of a classic television show. Jean Ann Ryan Productions, a well-known live production company specializing in cruise ship entertainment, created the shows exclusively for Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
Highlights from the new line-up include:
Seven Seas Mariner
- “Cirque Rock ‘n Roll” leaves guests absolutely spellbound with a musical tour through the history of this timeless genre. From Elvis Presley to Michael Jackson and Aerosmith to Beyoncé, this sweeping epic number features jaw-dropping aerial performances on a multilevel industrial steel apparatus.
- “Dancing in the Streets” is reminiscent of those cool summer nights cruising the streets of America. The show features an orchestrated medley with music from The Four Tops, The Temptations, Lionel Richie and The Jackson Five.
- “Film Flashback” brings the 80’s to life with iconic moments from stage and screen as talented performers perform scenes from “Flash Dance,” “Footloose” and “Dirty Dancing.”
Seven Seas Navigator
- “The Piano Men” this original production offers a night of well-known favorite songs by Elton John and Billy Joel performed by the Regent Signature Orchestra.
- “Cirque Navigator” transports the audience to a fantasy forest with choreography showcasing modern dance, aerial feats, Celtic dance and classic ballroom routines.
- “Broadway Tonight” celebrates music from top Broadway shows including “The Book of Mormon” and “Kinky Boots,” as well as long-running favorites such as “Jersey Boys,” “Rock of Ages” and “Nice Work if You Can Get It.”
- “Dawning of Aquarius” is a 1960s retrospective performance featuring music from The 5thDimension, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones.
Seven Seas Voyager
- “Cirque L’Amour” is tribute to the city of Paris and its renowned nightlife featuring a stunning aerial ballet with romantic displays of human power and trust.
- “Come Sail Away” resurrects the 70’s with the music from the Divas of Disco: Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor and Alecia Bridges, as well as favorites by The Carpenters, The Bee Gees along with television themes including “M*A*S*H*,” among others.
- “Dancing to the Hits” is a stunning display of ballroom dance with music by pop favorites Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake and Adele.
The summer 2014 season features a refreshed and rejuvenated fleet, as each of the line’s ships has undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment that exudes an aura of Park Avenue elegance and sophistication. The two-deck high, state-of-the-art show theatres across the fleet were renovated with new carpeting, upholstery, wall coverings, cocktail tables, wall sconces, banquettes and chairs to provide additional comfort for guests.
For more information, visit www.RSSC.com.