Royal Caribbean has cancelled Adventure of the Seas’ September 30 cruise out of San Juan in order to use the ship for evacuation and humanitarian efforts following Hurricane Maria.
According to the latest statement from the line, the ship will arrive Wednesday, September 27 and will operate humanitarian calls in San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Croix to aid in the evacuation and donate critical supplies to each destination. The ship will bring evacuees to Fort Lauderdale before returning to San Juan October 6 to prepare for the October 7 cruise.
Guests will receive a 100 percent refund, as well as a 25 percent future cruise credit on bookings made within the next 30 days.
Damage at the Port of San Juan has also forced Carnival Cruise Line to cancel its October 1 and 8 departures on the Carnival Fascination, although the ship was able to dock over the weekend to allow guests to disembark. Similarly, MSC Cruises has also modified a number of upcoming Caribbean itineraries that originally called at San Juan.
Royal Caribbean has also modified the following sailings due to Hurricane Maria’s impact on St. Maarten and St. Thomas:
Adventure of the Seas:
- 10/7 – St. Croix to Martinique
- 10/14 – St. Croix to Antigua
Allure of the Seas:
- 10/1 – St. Thomas & San Juan to Cozumel & Costa Maya
- 10/15 – St. Maarten & San Juan to Cozumel & Costa Maya
Enchantment of the Seas:
- 10/2 & 10/9 – Freeport back to Key West
Harmony of the Seas:
- 10/7 – St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya
- 10/21 – St. Thomas, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya
Serenade of the Seas:
- 10/20 – St. Thomas & St. Maarten to St. Kitts & Antigua
Oasis of the Seas:
- 10/8 – St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee to Nassau, Cozumel & Costa Maya
- 10/22 – St. Maarten & San Juan to Nassau & Falmouth