In 2017, Scenic introduced a new ship design for its two Space-Ships sailing on France’s Saône and Rhône Rivers. The same concept is now being brought to Europe’s Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers for 2019 with a reduced guest count, expanded wellness centers, new SALT Therapy lounges, and new active excursions. All eight of the Space-Ships plying the three European rivers – Scenic Ruby, Pearl, Jasper, Opal, Amber, Crystal, Jade and Jewel - will be remodeled this winter.
Highlights include reducing the number of cabins/guest to 81/161 (Ruby and Pearl) and 83/165 (on the six others) while keeping the same crew count for more personal service; two new 520-square-foot Royal Owners Suites; larger wellness centers which include the gym, massage services and hair dresser; and a Salt Therapy lounge.
On-board yoga and stretching classes, given by the onboard wellbeing coach, get guests ready for a day that can include newer, more active excursions such as bike tours on the company’s e-bikes and hiking up Buda Hill for a view of Budapest. Every itinerary will offer a host of active excursions in 2019.
The three-station salt lounge offers guests wellness and relaxation experiences. The humidity and temperature-controlled room is handcrafted from salt bricks and creates a micro-climate of a natural salt mine. Its three inclined lounging chairs are separated by light curtains for privacy, and low-level lighting and calming music promotes the natural relaxing effects of the salt.
In addition to the redesigns, Scenic has announced offers for guests booking a 2019 sailing by August 31, 2018, including:
- Free air on every cabin and itinerary, including free Premium Economy for some stateroom categories on sailing of 11 or more days; $1,000 or $1,500 Scenic savings in lieu of free flights
- $595 Premium Economy upgrades; Business class upgrades are also available
- Up to $1,000 savings per couple for full payment by August 31, 2018
- No single supplements on select sailings of 11 or more days in April, May, July, August, October and November, and 50 percent off in June and September as well as all season long on 8- to 10-day departures
- The specials are capacity controlled. Free flights revert to $295/$495 per person, depending on itinerary and stateroom category, once capacity limits are met.
For more, visit www.scenicusa.com.