Seabourn is heading back to Europe in 2020 with handmade itineraries created with a blend of cities and less-frequented boutique ports for guests to discover the continent.
From touring Icelandic fjords and Norway’s North Cape to the Rivieras of the Mediterranean, the Greek Isles, and Istanbul’s Golden Horn, four of the line’s five vessels will spend at least part of the start of the new decade exploring Europe, including Seabourn Encore, Seabourn Quest, Seabourn Odyssey, and the line’s newest, Seabourn Ovation. Together, they’ll provide nearly 50 individual departures from 16 different embarkation gateways.
The season will feature cruises of seven to 28 days around Europe, visiting more than 200 different destinations, including a return to Turkey for the first time since 2016. The ships will sail the Mediterranean from the Canary Islands and Morocco, through Iberia and Italy to the Adriatic, and Croatia, Greece and Turkey beyond; as well as Northern Europe, visiting cities, villages and sights of Scandinavia and Russia, the British Isles, and Greenland and Iceland.
The 2020 season in Europe will offer over a dozen new and noteworthy destinations that the line either has not previously visited or has not been to in years, including Alta, Farsund, and Sortland (Vesterålen), Norway; Fethiye, Turkey; Sanary-Sur-Mer (Île Des Embiez) and Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer, France; Kinsale and Inishmore, Aran Isles, Ireland; Oran, Algeria; Viareggio, Italy; Skíathos, Greece; Ystad, Sweden; and Skagafjördur and Stykkishólmur, Iceland.
Here are the ship-by-ship itineraries for the 2020 season:
Seabourn Ovation will return to Northern Europe offering 7-, 10- 14- and 15-day voyages including in the Baltic between Copenhagen and Stockholm, as well as along the North Cape and to St. Petersburg, Russia. Then the line’s newest vessel will head to the British Isles and swing around the continent from Dublin to Lisbon via Paris. In the fall, Seabourn Ovation will sail the Mediterranean from the Iberian Peninsula to Morocco, the French and Italian Rivieras, and finally Greece and the Turquoise Coast of Turkey.
Seabourn Encore will be bound for most popular regions of the Western Mediterranean with a selection of 7-, 8-, 10-, 11- and 12-day cruises highlighting the Iberian Peninsula, Malta, Morocco, Sicily, and the Italian & French Rivieras, before finishing the season in Monte Carlo, Monaco in September.
Seabourn Quest will head to Northern Europe with voyages of seven to 15 days exploring the scenery and wildlife of the British Isles, Norway, including the North Cape, and Iceland. Guests will be accompanied on board these voyages by an expedition team with several optional for-charge Ventures by Seabourn Zodiac, hiking and kayaking excursions available. The ship’s season will culminate with “Route of the Vikings,” offering 24 days from Southampton (London) to Montreal, Québec, with island and mainland ports in Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, and Canada along the way.
Seabourn Odyssey will cruise to popular ports throughout the Mediterranean, including the Aegean and Adriatic coasts. The ship’s 7-, 11, and 14-day voyages will explore the Greek Isles and the Turquoise of Turkey, destinations in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro and Malta, as well as Italy including Sicily, Naples (Pompeii), and Civitavecchia (Rome), to name a few.
Here are some cruise highlights for the 2020 season ahead in Europe:
- 14-Day Greek Isles Odyssey (Seabourn Odyssey, August 29 - September 12) – This is a round-trip cruise from Piraeus (Athens) to island destinations such as Nisos Mykonos and Crete before crossing the Ionian Sea to Sicily, Italy; and Malta. Back on the other side, explore Santorini, Rhodes, Nisos Symi and Nisos Paros.
- 14-Day Spanish & Moroccan Sunsets (Seabourn Ovation, May 9 - 22) – Sail from Barcelona, Spain to explore coastal destinations of the Mediterranean including Sète (Montpellier) and Le Lavandou, France; Cartagena (Murcia), Melilla, and Motril (Granada), Spain; Gibraltar, British Territory; and Casablanca and Tangier, Morocco.
- 7-Day Romance of the Rivieras (Seabourn Encore, July 18 - 24, August 22 - 29) – Cruising between Barcelona, Spain and Civitavechia (Rome) with Monte Carlo, Monaco; St. Tropez and Bastia, Corsica, France; and Portovenere (Cinque Terre), Italy in between.
- 14-Day Scenic Norway & Fjords (Seabourn Ovation, June 6 - 19) – Sail from Amsterdam, The Netherlands for two days in Hamburg, Germany including cruising on the Elbe River, and then through the North Sea to the coast of Norway with ports including Bergen, Ålesund, Geiranger, Olden, Flåm, and Stavanger.
- 15-Day British Isles & Iceland (Seabourn Quest, June 8 - 22) – Depart from Dover (London), England to explore ports throughout the British Isles including Skomer Island, Wales; Dublin and Greencastle (Londonderry), Ireland; Fort William, Invergordon (Inverness), Copinsay Island and Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, Scotland. Then it is on to the Atlantic to Iceland with Seydisfjördur, Djúpvogur, Helmaey, Westman Islands and Grundarfjørdur before concluding the journey in Reykjavík.
- 24-Day Route of the Vikings (Seabourn Quest, August 7 - 31) – An extended journey tracing the Vikings from Southampton (London), England to Montréal, Québec, Canada. Sights and scenes include Cobh (Cork) and Dublin, Ireland; and Holy Loch and Tobermory, Isle of Mull, Scotland before heading across the North Atlantic to Iceland. After Reykjavík, Vigur, Isafjörour and more, cruise the Denmark Strait and Prince Christian Sound to points in Greenland, and then the Labrador Sea and the Atlantic to arrive in St. John’s, Newfoundland, with destinations including Saguenay, Québec City, Québec, and Trois-Rivières in Canada beyond.
- 7-Day The Baltic & St. Petersburg (Seabourn Ovation, June 20 - 27, August 1 - 8 & 17 - 22) – This seven-day option departs from Stockholm, Sweden bound for Tallinn, Estonia, followed by three days in St. Petersburg, Russia. Afterwards, experience Helsinki, Finland, and then cruise the Baltic Sea to finish in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Seabourn’s 2020 ventures will also include foodie vacations. The 146-day World Cruise: Extraordinary Destinations will feature traditional dinners in Barbados, Fiji and India. The whole trip aboard the Seabourn Sojourn includes 16 overnights, 18 late evening stays and 62 total port visits.
For more information, visit https://www.seabourn.com/en_US.html