The partnership between Seabourn and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) continues as the line announced new UNESCO Partner Tours at World Heritage Sites across Europe over the cruise season ahead.
Available on select scheduled Seabourn cruises starting this summer, each UNESCO Partner Tour focuses on individual UNESCO World Heritage Sites selected – and protected – for their cultural, historical, scientific or other significance to humankind.
- Stonehenge- Guests will have a full hour to explore, take photos, etc. Available on the port call at Portland for Seabourn Quest on August 20
- Extraordinary Amalfi Cooking Class - Visit the 13th Century paper mill that enabled the spread of ancient Amalfi law and participate in a cooking class in a family-style outdoor kitchen - concluding with a traditional Amalfi lunch and limoncello. Available on all 2017 port calls to Amalfi for Seabourn Encore (June 11, July 7 & 27, August 26, September 25) and Odyssey (June 7 & 27, July 2)
- The Silk Exchange - A visit to the gothic Silk Exchange Building concludes with a market visit and horchata tasting. Available for the port call to Valencia on Seabourn Encore on September 5
- The Ultimate Archaeologist Experience at Gorham's Cave - Join Dr. Geraldine Finlayson and Dr. Clive Finlayson in the heart of the cave so deep that only 120 people can access it each year. A subsequent visit to the Gibraltar Museum will offer access to archaeological finds not available to the general public. Available on port calls to Gibraltar on Seabourn Encore August 11 & September 10
- The World of Gaudi - Join an expert architect for a guided tour of the magnificent Sagrada Familia Cathedral – after more than a century, still a work in progress – considered to be Gaudí's richest work and truest to the Modernist form. Available on all port calls to Barcelona on Seabourn Encore (May 20, June 3, July 16, August 5 & 15, September 4 & 14) and Seabourn Odyssey (April 27, May 17, July 16, October 4)
- Megalithic Malta & the National Museum of Archaeology - Join one of Malta's renowned national archaeologists at this excavation as the history of ancient civilizations comes alive. Enhancing the visit further, a restricted access chamber will be made available with explanation on the conservation of Hagar Qim. Go behind the scenes in a private viewing room with Director Sharon Sultana's team revealing the private prized pieces of the National Museum's "hidden" collections in Valletta. This includes an up-close viewing of the, now-famous, elongated skulls found in Hal Saflieni Hypogeum linking past legends of Malta to the heritage of today. Available on port calls to Valletta on sailings aboard Seabourn Odyssey (May 29, June 26, July 29, & September 23) and on Seabourn Encore (July 26, August 25, & September 24)
Seabourn's ships circle the globe throughout the year and include more than 170 ports with access to UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Through its multi-year partnership with UNESCO, Seabourn offers deeper insight and behind-the-scenes information about current and future World Heritage sites and projects.