SeaDream Yacht Club released full details on its plans to sail a series of voyages in Asia and Northern Australia beginning in late 2013. The line reports that one of its twin mega-yachts, SeaDream II will sail to Asia after completing her 2013 Mediterranean season. The “Passage to the Far East” will depart Athens, Greece in Oct. 2013 and include a transit of the Suez Canal, excursions to Egypt’s archeological sites (accompanied by Egyptologist) and calls to several other destinations before arriving in Mumbai, India. From Mumbai, the yacht will sail to Singapore and the Far East, planning to offer 18 unique voyages in the region. Voyages are seven to 15 days long, but most may be combined as a back-to-back voyage for a lengthier holiday.
Scheduled to stay in Asia through April 2014, itineraries include numerous exotic ports in several different countries including Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar (Burma), East Timor, Northern Australia, Indonesia, New Guinea, Vietnam, Cambodia and Hong Kong.
Each voyage offers exciting and unique ports of call. Highlights include:
· Overnight, two-day stay in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma), site of The Shwedagon Pagoda. Optional full day excursions by air to Mandalay and Bagan; a valley covered with 2,000 pagodas and temples.
· Yachting the Langkawi Archipelago of Malaysia.
· Visiting “the beach” (made famous by Leonardo DiCaprio in the movie “The Beach”) in the Phi Phi Islands of Thailand.
· Diving the vibrant underwater paradise of Thailand’s, Similan Islands National Park.
· Playing golf in Malaysia, Phuket and at the Andaman Club, a five star golf resort & casino on Thahtay Kyun Island, Burma.
· Spending New Year’s Eve in Patong Bay, Phuket, Thailand. A night of fireworks and thousands of floating, candlelit paper “magic lanterns”.
· Exploring the world heritage site of Halong Bay, Vietnam; one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
· Seeing giant monitor lizards on Komodo Island.
· From Singapore, pre and post voyage overland packages to Cambodia including Angkor Wat and the many famous temples. Also from Singapore, overland packages to Borobudur (UNESCO site) and Yogyakarta, site of the Prambanan Temple.
For more information, visit www.SeaDream.com.