Silversea Cruises announced its classic fleet's winter 2019/2020 itineraries, which comprise 89 voyages to Australasia, Asia, South America, the Caribbean and more—all available for travelers to reserve from today.
Building on Silversea’s previously announced expedition itineraries for the same period, the new itineraries bring the total number of visited destinations to approximately 900 for 2019 and 2020. The winter 2019-20 itineraries include a full program in Australia and New Zealand, a circumnavigation of South America and increased capacity in Asia, among other highlights. Ten inaugural calls will be made in places like Fiji's volcanic Dravuni Island, the forested Cayman Brac in the Cayman Islands, and the city of Timaru in New Zealand.
Highlights of the winter 2019-20 itineraries include:
The World Cruise 2020
Departing Fort Lauderdale for Amsterdam on January 6, Silver Whisper will become the first ever ship to visit all seven continents on a world cruise. The 140-day World Cruise 2020 will encompass 32 countries and 62 ports. Heading south, Silver Whisper will sail through the Caribbean to the east coast cities of South America to reach the Antarctic Peninsula. After heading north to Valparaiso, a westward course will take her to Easter Island, South Pacific isles, and Australia. Next, guests will explore many exotic Asian spots, including Bali, Sri Lanka, and Mumbai, before continuing to the ports of the Mediterranean and Northern Europe.
Australia and New Zealand
Silver Muse will spend more than four months in Australia and New Zealand, marking her longest season in the region to date. From Australia’s Great Barrier Reef to New Zealand’s fjords, the region’s natural wonders will be seen through a series of mostly 14-day voyages, departing from Sydney or Auckland. Sample itineraries include:
- On December 6, Silver Muse departs Sydney for Auckland on a 14-day journey, visiting Melbourne, Tasmania, Port Chalmers (Dunedin), Lyttelton (Christchurch), Picton and Tauranga. Highlights include sailing the Milford, Doubtful, and Dusky Sounds in UNESCO-listed Fiordland National Park.
- On January 3, Silver Muse sails roundtrip from Sydney on a 13-day voyage to the South Pacific islands, with visits to New Caledonia, Fiji, and Vanuatu.
On January 24, Silver Shadow departs Fort Lauderdale on a 63-day full circumnavigation of South America. Highlights include a crossing of the Panama Canal, an inaugural overnight visit to Guayaquil, cruising Chile's fjords, an overnight stop in Rio de Janeiro, plus two-night stays in Buenos Aires and Callao—the gateway to Machu Picchu. South America may also be explored on four shorter segments, with departures from Fort Lauderdale, Callao, Buenos Aires, and Rio de Janeiro.
Departing November 19 and February 29, two Silver Spirit voyages incorporate multi-day stopovers in Myanmar, where guests can explore the country's famous golden pagodas and ancient temples in depth. The voyages depart from Mumbai or Singapore with overnight stays in Sri Lanka included, among a host of visits to other exotic destinations in the Indian Ocean.
From the Land of the Rising Sun to the Great Wall of China and Vietnam's Ha Long Bay, the highlights of the voyages undertaken by Silver Spirit and Silver Muse will enable guests to discover the cultural and natural attractions of the Far East. Sample itineraries include:
- On October 21, Silver Muse spends 14 days exploring the cultures and cities of China and Japan on a journey bookended by Tokyo and Hong Kong. The voyage includes an inaugural call in Hososhima and overnight stays in Osaka, Beijing, and Shanghai.
- On December 7, Silver Spirit showcases Southeast Asia on a 14-day sailing from Singapore to Hong Kong. Visits to Koh Samui, Chan May (the gateway to Da Nang and imperial Huế), and Ha Long Bay are complemented by an overnight stay in Bangkok and a multi-day stopover in Ho Chi Minh City.
Nearly two dozen voyages aboard Silver Wind, Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper spotlight the Caribbean, from the rainforests of St. Lucia and the courtyards of San Juan to the cafés of St. Barts. Sample itineraries include:
- On November 22, Silver Whisper departs roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale to spend 14 days visiting such tropical destinations as Tortola, St. Barts, Les Saintes, Barbados, Dominica, Antigua, San Juan, and Key West. An overnight stay in St. Maarten will enable guests to travel deeper in this destination.
- On January 16, Silver Wind sails from San Juan to Barbados on an 11-day voyage to La Romana, Curaçao, Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica, St. Lucia, and Bequia, with an inaugural visit to Port of Spain along the way.
Also announced is the full schedule of expedition cruises aboard Silver Galapagos from January to June in 2020, continuing her exploration of the Galápagos Islands, with two distinct seven-day itineraries that may be combined into 14-day sailings. The itinerary schedules for Silver Cloud and Silver Explorer have already been announced until mid-February 2020, while Silver Discoverer will leave Silversea’s fleet in the summer of 2019.
For more, visit www.silversea.com.