Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection has announced new technology enhancements to its “River Currents” travel advisor booking tool, as well as new waitlist functionality—all of which is available now. These new advancements will offer travel advisors more opportunities to generate sales, save time and help avoid missing out on potential client bookings.
According to Uniworld President and CEO Ellen Bettridge, the need for improvements to the booking tool and the ability to waitlist guests for sold-out cruises were among the top requests from the brand’s partner travel advisors.
One of the technology enhancements includes a brand-new waitlist functionality for both Uniworld and U by Uniworld clients, which was created so that travel advisors can add their clients to a waitlist on selected sold-out cruises for a minimal deposit.
Uniworld’s other new major technology enhancements are to River Currents and include:
- Expanded promo code functionality and Messaging: When utilizing a promotional code, once entered, River Currents will now advise status of the Promo Code as either “successfully applied” or “rejected / invalid.”
- Clear breakdown of the savings: In the “Breakdown Section,” after the promo code has been applied, it will breakout the savings amount upfront. Travel advisors no longer need to complete a booking to see the full savings breakdown.
- Shipboard credits: Any applicable shipboard credits will now be notated in the savings breakdown section during the booking.
- Simple invoice sending options: Should a travel advisor wish to send, view, print or e-mail a copy of an invoice for a booking, they can now do so via River Currents.
- Booking status displays: All bookings made in River Currents are now displayed so that travel advisors can easily determine a booking’s status. Statuses include Confirmed, Paid in Full, Deposit, Released and Canceled.
To inquire about waitlists on sold out cruises, travel advisors can contact the reservations team at 1-800-257-2407.