Viking River Cruises has commissioned six more Viking Longships for delivery in 2013. The six vessels will be joining Viking Freya, Viking Idun, Viking Njord, Viking Odin, which will be christened on March 21, 2012, and Viking Embla and Viking Aegir, which will be delivered later in 2012.
Viking Longships include features such as:
- Two Explorer Suites, which are 445 square feet and each feature a separate living room, bedroom and private wrap-around veranda offering 270-degree views.
- Seven two-room Veranda Suites with a full-size veranda in the living room and a French balcony in the bedroom.
- Thirty-nine Veranda Staterooms with full-size verandas.
- Twenty-two French Balcony Staterooms.
- A new all-weather indoor/outdoor Aquavit Terrace, which brings the panoramic outdoor river scenery indoors with retractable floor-to-ceiling glass doors.
- New premium in-cabin amenities that include heated bathroom floors and mirrors, Sony HD TV’s and premium bath products.
- Sustainability upgrades, such as solar panels, an onboard organic herb garden and energy-efficient hybrid engines that reduce vibrations.
With the six additional vessels, Viking will have invested over $400 million in its fleet development program over three years.
For more information, visit www.vikingrivercruises.com.