Voyages of Discovery is preparing for new ship Voyager’s inaugural season to South America in winter 2012 and 2013 with the introduction of offers including up to nine category upgrades on 13-20 day itineraries with fares starting from $100 per day.
A collection of 43-to-126 day Grand Voyages include free air from select air gateway cities, plus up to $1,250 onboard credit per stateroom. The limited-time promotion is good on bookings made from April 17 through May 31, 2012.
Voyager will become the second ship in the Voyages of Discovery fleet beginning Dec. 4th, joining the 650-guest Discovery, which will be undergoing refurbishment prior to returning to service in March 2013. Voyager will feature 278 staterooms – of which 86 percent are outside accommodations and 35 suites – 30 with outside balconies.
The South America Sale features category upgrades for most stateroom categories or up to an $800 onboard credit per cabin for Suite and Inside Superior categories on 13-to-20 day cruises in the South American region. Grand Voyages between 43 and 126 days receive a combination of up to $1,250 onboard credit per cabin and free air from select air gateway cities. Offers vary depending on the itinerary and stateroom category booked, and apply to the below collection of Voyager’s inaugural cruises that can be combined to create a longer grand voyage. Fares are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability:
- Voyage to the Caribbean: (maiden voyage Dec 4, 2012) 17-day cruise from London to Barbados, with calls in Spain, Madeira, St. Kitts, Antigua and Martinique from $1,699.
- Caribbean Gems: (Dec 20, 2012) 16-day cruise featuring several islands, including Barbados, St. Lucia, Guadeloupe, Montserrat, Grenada, Tobago, Margarita Island, Bonaire Island, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica. Fares from $2,399.
- A Tapestry of Central America: (Jan 4, 2013) Transit the Panama Canal and visit Mayan Ruins and the rainforests of Belize and Honduras on this 19-day sailing from Montego Bay to Manta with fares starting from $2,999.
- South America’s Pacific Shore: (Jan 22, 2013) Explore the Pacific Shore on this 16-day cruise that includes overnights in Manta, Callao and Valparaiso as well as the Galapagos Islands and the Atacama Desert landscapes. Fares from $1,899.
- Natural Wonders of Latin America: (Feb 6, 2013) Experience the Chilean fjords, the wildlife on Peninsula Valdes, the glacial landscapes of South America and the thriving cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires on a 20-day sailing from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires. Fares from $2,899.
- South America’s Discovery Coast: (Feb 25, 2013) This 16-day cruise from Buenos Aires to Recife includes calls in Montevideo, Santos, Ilhabela, Paraty, Rio de Janeiro and Salvador de Bahia with fares starting from $2,599.
- A Portrait of the Amazon: (Mar 12, 2013) 13-day cruise from Recife to Manaus including visits to Recife and Solina, desert scenery, rainforests and a cruise on the Amazon. Fares from $1,699.
- Amazonian & Caribbean Explorer: (Mar 24, 2013) Combine a cruise on the Amazon and exploration of South American locales in Brazil and Venezuela in Aruba and Jamaica on this 16-day sailing with fares from $2,799.
- Grand Latin America Discovery: (Jan 4, 2013) This 95-day circumnavigation of South America combines six itineraries for a combination of cultures and landscapes, including the Chilean fjords, the Galapagos Islands, cruising the Amazon River, the Falkland Islands and the cities of Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires and Santiago. Fares in remaining stateroom categories start from $17,899 (ocean view).
Guests can select from overland tours that can be added to their cruise to expand their exploration of these incredible regions, such as visits to Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands.
For more information, visit www.voyagesofdiscovery.com.