Adventures by Disney, a provider of guided group travel worldwide, announced its lineup of 2019 vacation options, including an all-new itinerary to Japan. This first-time destination is the latest addition to the company's portfolio of more than 50 family vacations across six continents.
Adventures by Disney travelers will experience the culture and diversity of Japan during a brand-new itinerary, with expeditions ranging from ancient locales to fast-paced modern cities. Adventures by Disney collaborated with the Japan National Tourism Organization to create the 11-day, 10-night trip that will take travelers to Kyoto, Osaka, Takayama, Hakone and Tokyo.
During the trip, travelers will get to:
- Explore historical shrines and temples, such as Fushimi Inari Shrine, Sensoji Temple, Pure Water Temple, the Kamakura Daibutsu and Meiji Shrine
- Experience the tradition of samurai swordsmanship and a maiko dance performance
- Bike through farm villages and along rice paddies, cruise on a river boat and traverse through a bamboo forest on a Japanese rickshaw
- Engage with local practitioners in the arts of Taiko drumming, origami and calligraphy
- Discover the secrets to making perfect sushi and learn how to build a bento box
- Enjoy the Hama Rikyu Gardens, nestled among Tokyo's skyscrapers, and unwind with a customary tea ceremony steeped in history and tradition
- Journey to some of Japan's most famous neighborhoods and markets, like Takeshita Street in Harajuku, Tokyo, and Dotonbori, Osaka's popular dining district
- Savor culinary experiences and enjoy local treats, such as sake tasting for adults and giant cotton candy for smaller travelers
New Worldwide Itineraries
Adventures by Disney also continues to change its existing vacation portfolio, offering new ways for travelers to experience popular destinations. In 2019, a reimagined Alberta, Canada itinerary will offer new experiences in Calgary, before traveling to Banff National Park and Lake Louise. In Calgary, travelers will be welcomed as honorary citizens during a traditional ceremony before visiting some of the area's ranches and farms, sampling local foods such as the Saskatoon berry and freshly jarred honey, and trying their hand at cowboy-style rope wrangling.
Adventures by Disney also recently announced an array of offerings that can be added to a Disney Cruise Line sailing to make for a land and sea vacation. In 2019, travelers can journey to Barcelona, New York City, Vancouver, Copenhagen and more.
These trips join an existing array of dozens of Adventures by Disney vacations worldwide, including the largest-ever line-up of Adventures by Disney river cruise departures, including a brand-new itinerary on France's Seine River. Here travelers will experience Paris, the provincial landscape of Giverny, the beaches of Normandy and other destinations in between, all while engaging in an array of entertainment and activities for the whole family.
Bookings for 2019 vacations open May 9, 2018. For more, visit www.adventuresbydisney.com.