|Divi Flamingo Beach Resort will be upgraded by the summer of 2015|
Divi Resorts recently announced that it would undertake a top-to-bottom refresh of its Bonaire property, Divi Flamingo Beach Resort.
Renovations on the 129-room resort begin in October with completion scheduled for summer 2015. The upgrade covers rooms, grounds, lobby, pools, beach, restaurants and bars, back of house, exterior décor, dive facilities and retail.
It is the largest hospitality capital investment on Bonaire in recent years. According to Marco Galaverna, president and chief operating officer of Divi Resorts, the renovation will make Divi the undisputed leader in guest services and amenities and the freshest, most stylish product on the island.
The modernization of Divi Dive, the in-house dive operation, along with the hotel’s makeover will be a boon to the resort’s robust dive business; but also is expected to create a new mecca for Caribbean-bound vacationers from around the world.
Among the project highlights are:
- The total renovation of hotel room bathrooms featuring step-in shower, floor-to-ceiling tile, solid wood vanity with quartz counter surface, LED make-up mirror and lighting, new window and ceiling. Guest rooms also will get a facelift with new lamps; artwork, full-length mirror, patio furniture, closet doors and iPod radio alarm clock.
- The creation of a 3,300+ square-foot sun deck and cabana lounge with concierge and beverage service. Elevated and secluded – and exclusive to resort guests - the sun deck offers loungers unobstructed views of sunsets over the Caribbean plus a close-up on sea life in the Calabas Reef below.
- A 4,700-square-pfoot beach area, the largest of any hotel property on Bonaire, will be constructed. The company will convert an existing grass lawn into a beach area, installing tons of white sand atop a raised platform with steps leading into the Caribbean. The spacious beach will have canopied daybeds and chaise lounges and be an attraction for day pass visitors from the nearby cruise port.
- A new dive boat. Divi Dive, a PADI Five Star Dive Center, will expand its fleet with the acquisition of another customized dive boat. The retail shop, dive classrooms and lockers also will be completely redone. The expansion and modernization of the facilities will be on par with the island’s stature as one of the top three dive sites in the world.
- The opening of a Pure Ocean restaurant. Divi’s proprietary brand, Pure, developed for the Divi Phoenix Beach Resort in Aruba and subsequently installed at Divi Southwinds in Barbados, will occupy the former Calabas restaurant space. Like its sister locations, the next installment of Pure Ocean sits at the water’s edge with pure ocean views, and features stylish, contemporary Caribbean décor. The transformation also incorporates a revised menu that emphasizes farm- and ocean-to-table offerings. Other current dining and lounge options, the Chibi Chibi and Flamingo Bar, will be overhauled with new furnishings, lighting, sound system and menu.
- Redesigned pools and pool areas. The resort’s two pools will have rock water features, travertine decking, cabanas, daybeds and new lounge chairs.
Other alterations include a new lobby and furnishings, guest laundry, renovated lobby restrooms and an updated color scheme for the painted exterior. The resort’s main kitchen will be retrofitted with new equipment, including the addition of a walk-in freezer to increase storage for U.S. shipments.
The resort will remain fully operational during the nine months of construction and renovation. This latest Divi expenditure in Bonaire follows a refresh of the onsite Divi Flamingo casino earlier this year. Divi is currently enhancing other properties across the Caribbean, including projects in St. Maarten, Aruba and Barbados.