As the sticky summer heat takes hold and recession takes its toll on travel plans, the Los Angeles Convention & Visitors Bureau is doing its darnedest to draw tourists to the West Coast's largest metropolis. The organization has just unveiled its new "Top 100 Vacation Deals" promotion, which promises tourists top-notch opportunities on eating, staying and playing in L.A. through August 31.
A few picks:
* Clients can save up to 40 percent at Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa or Sportsmen's Lodge Hotel in Hollywood.
* Travelers who book a room at The Sofitel Los Angeles by July 5 can receive their fourth night free, plus a picnic basket.
* Guests who stay at least two nights at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City from $269 will receive breakfast for two, complimentary parking and a tour of Sony Studios or two tickets to Grauman's Chinese Theater.
* The Residence Inn in Beverly Hills is rewarding guests with a $50 American Express gift card, complimentary AMC movie tickets for two, free WiFi and complimentary breakfast for two starting at $229.
* Travelers who book two nights at the Holiday Inn Century City get their third night free.
* For beachside stays, The Hotel Casa Del Mar is offering rates from $395 per night, the Le Margot from $459 and Shutters On the Beach from $525.
* For downtown hotels, the Millenium Biltmore Hotel's "I Love (Downtown LA)!" package for two offers a one-night stay from $179, including breakfast and tickets to the Museum of Contemporary Art, tickets to the Grammy Museum and vouchers to the ESPN Zone. The Wilshire Grand Los Angeles' "Beat the Heat," package offers a rate based on the high temperature of the day of guests' stay with a $20 room upgrade and 20 percent off hotel dining. The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites are offering three-course pre-fixe dinners for two at LA Prime Restaurant and complimentary overnight parking.
The sights and tastes of the city are also offering sales, including reduced ticket prices at Madam Tussaud's Hollywood Wax Musuem and dessert deals at Geisha House on Hollywood Boulevard.
Visit www.discoverlosangeles.com/vacationdeals for more.