Monte Carlo Resort and Casino in Las Vegas has announced new events in its interactive dinner pairing series “Booze & Bites.” Each month a different restaurant at the resort hosts a dinner in which a five-course menu is prepared and presented by the restaurant’s executive chef and paired with a sought-after spirit, wine or brew. During the dinner, a representative for the featured spirit provides insight into each pairing.
The Booze & Bites series takes place the last Wednesday of every month. Tickets start at $65 per person, plus tax and gratuity, and can be purchased on the Monte Carlo website. Guests must be 21 years or older to attend.
The next three dinners of the 2015 series are as follows:
Beer Pairing Dinner at The Pub at Monte Carlo: Wednesday, May 27 at 6:30 p.m.
Sponsored by The Boston Beer Company, The Pub at Monte Carlo will present the following dinner pairing menu, priced at $65 per person:
- Lobster Roll Sliders with lemon aioli on a brioche roll; paired with Angel City West Coast Wheat Ale.
- Baby Red Oak and Gem Lettuce with braised pork belly, candied grapefruit and drizzled with citrus dressing; paired with Illusive Traveler Grapefruit Ale.
- Boston Clam Bake with littleneck clams, fingerling potatoes, sweet corn, Maine lobster and Andouille sausage steamed in Sam Adams Boston Lager and served with grilled French bread; paired with Samuel Adams Boston Lager.
- Dark Molten Chocolate Cake with Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat Ice Cream; paired with Angel City Chai Stout and Samuel Adams Double Black Lager.
Bourbon Pairing at Double Barrel Roadhouse: Wednesday, June 24 at 6:30 p.m.
Sponsored by Jim Beam, Double Barrel Roadhouse will present the following dinner pairing menu, priced at $65 per person:
- Southern Surf & Turf with smoked shrimp shooters and Jim Beam BBQ baked oysters; paired with the Bloody Beam, a bloody Mary cocktail made with Jim Beam.
- Smoked Duck Wings covered in a habanero Knob Creek Bourbon glaze; paired with the Kentucky Brunch cocktail made with Knob Creek.
- Smokey Southern Jambalaya with a flavorful combination of rice, juicy chicken and saffron; paired with the Dancing with the Devil cocktail made with Jim Beam Devil’s Cut.
- Southern Turf & Turf with candied Maker’s Mark Bourbon BBQ ribs, tender brisket and baked beans; paired with the Red Headed Monk cocktail made with Maker’s Mark.
- Bourbon Bread Pudding paired with the Smoked Maple Dream cocktail made with Knob Creek Smoked Maple bourbon.
Tequila Cocktail Pairing Dinner at Diablo’s Cantina: Wednesday, July 22 at 6:30 p.m.
Diablo’s cantina-style Mexican cuisine will be paired with festive cocktails created with tequila and served in the lively two-story restaurant. The five-course menu will be priced at $65 per person.