With the multitude of events being held at each of its resorts, Orlando will have plenty to offer this holiday season.
Theme Park Holiday Events
Walt Disney World Resort (Select nights November 7 - December 31)
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: A winter fairytale stage show with Disney characters (notably Queen Elsa) in their holiday best, and a festive holiday parade sends toy soldiers and snow flurries dancing on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!: Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ new show with fireworks, special effects, and holiday music every night beginning November 14.
- The Candlelight Processional: Epcot’s retelling of the Christmas story, told by celebrity narrators Neil Patrick Harris and Whoopi Goldberg, in addition to a 50-piece orchestra and several choirs.
Universal Orlando Resort (Select nights December 3 - January 1)
- Macy's Holiday Parade: Held at Universal Studios Florida, the parade fills the streets every evening with the same balloons seen in Macy's famous Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.
- Grinchmas: At Universal's Islands of Adventure, Grinchmas descends on Seuss Landing with a live retelling of the holiday tale with appearances by the Whos from Who-ville and an original musical score by Mannheim Steamroller.
SeaWorld Orlando (Select nights November 25 - December 31)
- Christmas Celebration: Live shows inspired by the natural world, including a nativity show with live animals. New this year: guests can meet Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and friends, and enjoy Rudolph-themed attractions.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort (December 17-18, 24-30)
- Christmas Bricktacular: Families can view the 30-foot-tall LEGO Christmas tree, made with 270,000 LEGO and DUPLO bricks, as well as a life-size LEGO Santa, with reindeer and sleigh.
Holiday Events at Orlando Resorts
- The Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort: Will host lavish holiday offerings and décor December 1 – January 3. Events include candy cane hunts or sleigh decorating for children, as well as wine tastings for adults. Guests can also host a personal holiday party with Mickey and Minnie or Anna and Elsa. Those who stay in top suites get a butler to help wrap holiday gifts, decorate the suite, and arrange hot cocoa and a cookie decorating party.
- The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel: Will have a life-size chocolate holiday Santa scene in the Swan Lobby, made of 2,000 pounds of chocolate. The Dolphin hotel lobby will have indoor-snow fall and a 45-ft tall Christmas tree. Guests can even invite a fully-costumed elf to deliver milk and cookies to their rooms for a Christmas Eve bedtime story and tuck-in.
- Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center: Will host an array of interactive hand-carved ice sculptures and displays, November 18 – January 1, titled ICE! At Gaylord Palms. This year, ICE! has a new theme: Charlie Brown by Charles Schulz. Guests can follow along as Charlie Brown discovers the meaning of Christmas, created by 40 skilled, award-winning artisans.
- Loews Portofino Bayt Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort's Mediterranean: Will have holiday carolers and a Hanukkah Candle Lighting Ceremony. The resort also recreates an evening in seaside "Italy" with live holiday music, wine tasting, and the grand illumination of the Christmas tree.
New Year's Eve in Orlando
- Disney Countdown to Midnight: Disney's Contemporary Resort sets a thrilling tone for the New Year, with a live DJ, dancing and libations, concluding with a Magic Kingdom Park fireworks viewing and a champagne toast.
- Five Star New Year's Eve at I-Drive 360: Local celebrities and Orlando's most influential people gather to celebrate in style beneath the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye. The exclusive event will have world-class DJ's rotating throughout the night as fireworks and fire shows entertain. General admission offers a full-service open bar.
- Universal CityWalk: For the hard partyers: unique party zones, live music, unlimited gourmet cuisine, and an outdoor dance floor.
- Kids' New Year's Eve at LEGOLAND Florida Resort: Kids can enjoy an exclusive dance party, catch the giant LEGO brick drop, and wind down the year with LEGO-inspired fireworks – all before midnight.
To learn more, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, check out www.visitorlando.com/holidays.